RX1R: Adobe Camera RAW and Lightroom

Old August 23rd 13, 07:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default RX1R: Adobe Camera RAW and Lightroom

So, Camera RAW opens the RX1R files just fine with the latest update.
But Adobe hasn't managed to incorporate support for this camera in
Lightroom? What gives?

Apple is late for support as well, so iPhoto and Aperture is a no-go so
far, but they will import that files nonetheless, Lightroom just throws
up a warning that it's not supported and then refuses to import the
files to disk from the camera, huh? Aperture at least imports them and
then flags them as unknown.

Adobe Bridge supports the files just fine though. Meaning that it shows
the thumbnails and obviously opens them just fine in Photoshop.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old August 23rd 13, 01:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-08-22 23:50:36 -0700, Sandman said:

So, Camera RAW opens the RX1R files just fine with the latest update.
But Adobe hasn't managed to incorporate support for this camera in
Lightroom? What gives?

Apple is late for support as well, so iPhoto and Aperture is a no-go so
far, but they will import that files nonetheless, Lightroom just throws
up a warning that it's not supported and then refuses to import the
files to disk from the camera, huh? Aperture at least imports them and
then flags them as unknown.

Adobe Bridge supports the files just fine though. Meaning that it shows
the thumbnails and obviously opens them just fine in Photoshop.

Are you using LR4 or LR5?

ACR 8.1 supports the RX1 & RX1R in both PS CC & LR5.2. If you have CS6
Adobe permits the update from ACR 7 to ACR 8.1. However, in PS CS6 you
are only getting the new camera support and none of the new ACR editing
features which are only available in PS CC and LR5.2.
If you have LR4 with ACR 7(x) there is no ACR 7 to ACR 8 upgrade, you
have to upgrade from LR4 to LR5. (Note; LR5 has the same OS
requirements as the CC modules. That excludes Mac OSX10.6 users.)

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjour...available.html

Savageduck

Old August 23rd 13, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Savageduck wrote:

So, Camera RAW opens the RX1R files just fine with the latest update.
But Adobe hasn't managed to incorporate support for this camera in
Lightroom? What gives?

Apple is late for support as well, so iPhoto and Aperture is a no-go so
far, but they will import that files nonetheless, Lightroom just throws
up a warning that it's not supported and then refuses to import the
files to disk from the camera, huh? Aperture at least imports them and
then flags them as unknown.

Adobe Bridge supports the files just fine though. Meaning that it shows
the thumbnails and obviously opens them just fine in Photoshop.

Are you using LR4 or LR5?

Being a CC subscriber, I naturally thought I used the latest version,
but apparently I wasn't. It's a bit odd that my CS6 products show up in
CC alongside the CC products.

ACR 8.1 supports the RX1 & RX1R in both PS CC & LR5.2.

Yes, I've now upgrade LR to 5, and it works. My bad! And thanks for the
help!

--
Sandman[.net]
Old August 23rd 13, 03:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-08-23 06:30:28 -0700, Sandman said:

Savageduck wrote:

So, Camera RAW opens the RX1R files just fine with the latest update.
But Adobe hasn't managed to incorporate support for this camera in
Lightroom? What gives?

Apple is late for support as well, so iPhoto and Aperture is a no-go so
far, but they will import that files nonetheless, Lightroom just throws
up a warning that it's not supported and then refuses to import the
files to disk from the camera, huh? Aperture at least imports them and
then flags them as unknown.

Adobe Bridge supports the files just fine though. Meaning that it shows
the thumbnails and obviously opens them just fine in Photoshop.

Are you using LR4 or LR5?

Being a CC subscriber, I naturally thought I used the latest version,
but apparently I wasn't. It's a bit odd that my CS6 products show up in
CC alongside the CC products.

Not odd at all, since PS CS6 is a separate stand alone product it will
function right along side CC. Pretty much the same as CS5 being there
along side an upgrade of CS6 (actually it is part of the upgrade
license agreement to have the prior version installed). However, the CC
is an animal independant of the older license, so no prior installation
is required to run or update.

LR is not a CC product it is still subject to the upgrade treadmill. PS
CS6 being the final non-CC version still sold by Adobe, they will
provide ACR support for new RAW profiles, but none of the new ACR 8.1
features found in PS CC or LR5.2.

Old August 23rd 13, 03:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Savageduck wrote:

Are you using LR4 or LR5?

Being a CC subscriber, I naturally thought I used the latest version,
but apparently I wasn't. It's a bit odd that my CS6 products show up in
CC alongside the CC products.

Not odd at all, since PS CS6 is a separate stand alone product it will
function right along side CC.

Yes, "odd" was the wrong word. It is a bit confusing at times, that's
all.

I mean, it's not like Lightroom is called Lightroom CS6 either, in the
list you have "Lightroom" and "Lightroom 5", all separated into
different parts of the list, not next to each other. A bit confusing, is
all.

Pretty much the same as CS5 being there along side an upgrade of CS6
(actually it is part of the upgrade license agreement to have the
prior version installed). However, the CC is an animal independant of
the older license, so no prior installation is required to run or
update.

Right, and the list is divided into "Your apps", which consists of all
my CS6 licens plus my installed CC apps, and then there is a "Find New
Apps" that lists all apps I can install, which is CC only. So,
"Lightroom" was under "Your apps" when not installed and "Lightroom 5"
was under "Find New Apps".

LR is not a CC product it is still subject to the upgrade treadmill.

Huh, are you sure?

None of my CS6 products are listed when I go he

https://creative.adobe.com/products

But Lightroom is. So my assumption is that this page lists all the
products my CC subscription gives me, and the 4.0 version of Lightroom
in my app list in the CC app is the license I bought way back.

I.e. as far as I know, I haven't upgraded to LR5, but I can download and
install it

--
Sandman[.net]
Old August 23rd 13, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-08-23 07:52:30 -0700, Sandman said:

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

I just learned something. Lightroom is part of the Creative Cloud now
as well as a stand alone product. So it should be included in your CC
package depending on what you are renting.

I.e. as far as I know, I haven't upgraded to LR5, but I can download and
install it

If you are paying for the entire Suite go for it.

Savageduck

Old August 23rd 13, 07:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Savageduck wrote:

None of my CS6 products are listed when I go he

https://creative.adobe.com/products

But Lightroom is. So my assumption is that this page lists all the
products my CC subscription gives me, and the 4.0 version of Lightroom
in my app list in the CC app is the license I bought way back.

I just learned something. Lightroom is part of the Creative Cloud now
as well as a stand alone product. So it should be included in your CC
package depending on what you are renting.

Ah, then we have sorted it out

--
Sandman[.net]
Old August 24th 13, 02:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Sandman
wrote:

So, Camera RAW opens the RX1R files just fine with the latest update.
But Adobe hasn't managed to incorporate support for this camera in
Lightroom? What gives?

Apple is late for support as well, so iPhoto and Aperture is a no-go so
far, but they will import that files nonetheless, Lightroom just throws
up a warning that it's not supported and then refuses to import the
files to disk from the camera, huh? Aperture at least imports them and
then flags them as unknown.

just released:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5371?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
Old August 24th 13, 08:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , Sandman
wrote:

So, Camera RAW opens the RX1R files just fine with the latest update.
But Adobe hasn't managed to incorporate support for this camera in
Lightroom? What gives?

Apple is late for support as well, so iPhoto and Aperture is a no-go so
far, but they will import that files nonetheless, Lightroom just throws
up a warning that it's not supported and then refuses to import the
files to disk from the camera, huh? Aperture at least imports them and
then flags them as unknown.

just released:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5371?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Wow, that was convenient, thanks!