Intel and Dell: Scum of the Earth

Old July 25th 10, 01:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
LOL!

Default Intel and Dell: Scum of the Earth

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 08:04:29 -0400, wrote:

As will Compter Direct, Tiger Direct and many MANY others. You can go
to SysteMax and get a bare computer at a great price and install what
ever you want to install.

OMG! People thinking for themselves?!?

It's the END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!

LOL!

Old July 25th 10, 02:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 08:31:12 -0400, "Peter"
wrote:

A small retailer called Wal_Mart tried selling Linux machines. The attempt
was a financial failure for them. As Tony Cooper pointed out, it is not
difficult to buy the parts and assemble them.
Microcenter will sell you BYO systems.

As will Compter Direct, Tiger Direct and many MANY others. You can go
to SysteMax and get a bare computer at a great price and install what
ever you want to install.

Betcha the OP would be the first to complain about the hardware when the
inevitable driver issues arise.

--
Peter

Old July 26th 10, 11:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 09:37:19 -0400, "Peter"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

A small retailer called Wal_Mart tried selling Linux machines. The attempt
was a financial failure for them. As Tony Cooper pointed out, it is not
difficult to buy the parts and assemble them.
Microcenter will sell you BYO systems.

As will Compter Direct, Tiger Direct and many MANY others. You can go
to SysteMax and get a bare computer at a great price and install what
ever you want to install.

Betcha the OP would be the first to complain about the hardware when the
inevitable driver issues arise.

After I posted my horrid attempt at thinking for myself I
remembered.... The Systemax I am using to post this was purchased pare
bones.... (i.e. NO OS Installed) from TigerDirect because I *WANTED*
to install XP X64 PRO clean, sans any "Propritary" OS enhancements
courtest of DELL or HP or any of the other companies that...... now
listen closely kiddies.... ONLY EVER PURCHASE WINDOWS IN A MODIFIED
FORMAT so that they can install.......again, listen closely
kiddies..... THEIR OWN ASSISTANCE SOFTWARE TO HELP THE USER MAKE THE
BEST USE OF THE NEW COMPUTER.

Ever wonder why that computer has that nice DELL or HP screen when it
boots us. These guys have developed their own hook into the OS so what
you are getting is NOT the pure Microsoft product rather an enhanced
version licensed to the OEM for installation on THEIR computers!

I always do this with my new computers ever since I bought that
wonderful DELL Dimensions 8250 with the DELL version of XP Pro
installed...... along with the DELL maintenance and assistance
"features".