Worth Getting Muddy...bigger.

Old April 18th 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Worth Getting Muddy...bigger.

Some asked for a bigger version:
This one's about 1/2 MB...
http://www.pbase.com/image/58828940/original

-Mark

Old April 18th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"MarkČ" wrote:

Some asked for a bigger version:
This one's about 1/2 MB...
http://www.pbase.com/image/58828940/original

-Mark

Even better than the smaller one. Do you have any objection to my
printing it?

Colin D.
Old April 18th 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

You've inspired me to get the 8x10 back out.
: )

Collin
KC8TKA

Old April 18th 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

New tripod....$250.00

New boots....$95.00

Getting in the right place for once in a lifetime
photograph of Half Dome........Priceless.

Great job. That is a wonderful image.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old April 19th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
Some asked for a bigger version:
This one's about 1/2 MB...
http://www.pbase.com/image/58828940/original

And to think that all this time I thought Yosimite was actually black and
white. g

Nice shot.

--
Mark

Mostly photography...
http://www.marklauter.com

Old April 19th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Beach Bum wrote:
"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
Some asked for a bigger version:
This one's about 1/2 MB...
http://www.pbase.com/image/58828940/original

And to think that all this time I thought Yosimite was actually black
and white. g

Big g
Its funny how minds work...
-You win r.p.e.35mm comment of the day.

Nice shot.

Thanks.

Old April 19th 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Colin D wrote:
"MarkČ" wrote:

Some asked for a bigger version:
This one's about 1/2 MB...
http://www.pbase.com/image/58828940/original

-Mark

Even better than the smaller one. Do you have any objection to my
printing it?

Its funny...
As I was re-sizing to post the larger version (something I don't usually
do), I played around with making a water-mark of some kind...but then
decided I didn't want to discourage anyone if they considered printing it.

I wouldn't be keen on anyone selling or re-posting it somewhere on-line,
but do feel free to print for your own personal use, Colin.

About printing:
Its very gratifying to have an image that seems to get better with
enlargement rather than worse (motion blur, focus issues, etc.). I just
made a home print at about 17"x25" and the image holds up amazingly well.

-Mark

Old April 19th 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"MarkČ" wrote:

Colin D wrote:
"MarkČ" wrote:

[...]

Ok, Mark,thanks for that. Of course it is for my personal and family
viewing only. New Zealand has some spectacular scenery, but nothing on
the scale of Yosemite, the sheer size is breathtaking.

Colin D.
Old April 19th 06, 07:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Colin D wrote:
"MarkČ" wrote:

Colin D wrote:
"MarkČ" wrote:

[...]

Thanks for asking.

Of course it is for my personal and family
viewing only. New Zealand has some spectacular scenery, but nothing
on the scale of Yosemite, the sheer size is breathtaking.

New Zealand is very near the top of my wish-list of places I'd like to
visit.
My wife rode a bicycle through a large portion of NZ shortly before I was
introduced to her in Papua New Guinea. I think the three Lord of the Rings
films generated a lot of interest in the amazing scenery of New Zealand, and
rightly so. -Such a unique place with unusual landscapes, animals and
various oddities found nowhere else. Are you IN New Zealand? If so, I
missed that somehow... Perhaps you have posted some photos??

-Mark
PS--If you really want to print the photo, e-mail me and I'll send you a
higher res version than this "larger" Pbase file.

Old April 19th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
Some asked for a bigger version:
This one's about 1/2 MB...
http://www.pbase.com/image/58828940/original

-Mark

That is a great shot. I'd be sad that I "only" captured it with digital,
though! That's a medium or large-format shot, for sure!
;-)
Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com