Got my 30D today

Old March 17th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Got my 30D today

Now I have to RTFM to see the differences between my new purchase and my
10D. My initial feeling is good, I like the almost instant on, the 5fps
shooting is almost scary just thinking at the number of shots to look at
after the button has been pressed. The bigger screen is really beneficial
to my failing close up vision.

Happy camper ;-)

Jean

Old March 17th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

jean wrote:
Now I have to RTFM to see the differences between my new purchase and my
10D. My initial feeling is good, I like the almost instant on, the 5fps
shooting is almost scary just thinking at the number of shots to look at
after the button has been pressed. The bigger screen is really beneficial
to my failing close up vision.

Happy camper ;-)

Jean

I have yet to see one at the local camera store. The 30D has one thing I
do wish my 20D had and that's a spot meter.

Old March 17th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Pete D" wrote in message
So you are saying you didn't check before you gave someone your money??
Personally I would recommend checking first.

Check what?

Old March 17th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Helen" wrote in message

"Pete D" wrote in message
So you are saying you didn't check before you gave someone your money??
Personally I would recommend checking first.

Check what?

Sometimes it is hard. She is going to check the manual to see what is
different in her new 30D compared to her 10D, I would have had a check of
what was different before I bought it, do you think that would have been a
good idea?

Old March 17th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Pete D" wrote in message

"Helen" wrote in message

"Pete D" wrote in message
So you are saying you didn't check before you gave someone your money??
Personally I would recommend checking first.

Check what?

Sometimes it is hard. She is going to check the manual to see what is
different in her new 30D compared to her 10D, I would have had a check of
what was different before I bought it, do you think that would have been a
good idea?

5fps intead of 3. 8m2mp instead of 6. ettl II instead of ettl. digic II
processor may be the same or 10D had the digic 1.
Faster write time. usb2.0. more continuous shooting before stopping. spot
metering. 100,000 frame instead of 50,000. faster start up time. battery
lasts longer. What you should really have done is see the difference
between 20D and 30D and see whether the price dif was worth it.

As far as i know the startup time is a fraction of a second faster. 100,000
instead of 50,000 rated shutter. 5fps is same. no of continous shots is
higher for 30D. spot metering as well as 5% centre area.
just 5% on 20D and 10% meter area.

The difference between 20D and 30D are so marginal only the maddest of
sports shooting users will need the difference. I don't know if the two
will stay on the market together.

Old March 18th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Zeke wrote:
"nick c" wrote in message

jean wrote:

Now I have to RTFM to see the differences between my new purchase and my
10D. My initial feeling is good, I like the almost instant on, the 5fps
shooting is almost scary just thinking at the number of shots to look at
after the button has been pressed. The bigger screen is really
beneficial
to my failing close up vision.

Happy camper ;-)

Jean

I have yet to see one at the local camera store. The 30D has one thing I
do wish my 20D had and that's a spot meter.

Then you could consider the FTQL from the 70's G

Naw, I'll Pass. G
Old March 18th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Zeke" wrote in message

"nick c" wrote in message
jean wrote:
Now I have to RTFM to see the differences between my new purchase and my
10D. My initial feeling is good, I like the almost instant on, the 5fps
shooting is almost scary just thinking at the number of shots to look at
after the button has been pressed. The bigger screen is really
beneficial
to my failing close up vision.

Happy camper ;-)

Jean

I have yet to see one at the local camera store. The 30D has one thing I
do wish my 20D had and that's a spot meter.

Then you could consider the FTQL from the 70's G

My A2 had one, too, as did my 1n, something I really missed with any of the
digitals I'd shot with up until I got a 5D.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com