Digital Photo Frames for refrigirators??

Old December 23rd 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ron Hunter

Default Digital Photo Frames for refrigirators??

John Navas wrote:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 02:47:48 -0600, Ron Hunter
wrote in :

John McWilliams wrote:

You seem to have overlooked those of us who don't much care whether
stainless is magnetizable or not......Though I am open to be persuaded
why I should be. :-)

Well, if my refrigerator were made of a non-magnetic metal, where would
I hang all those nice photos of nieces and nephews?

I'll introduce you to tape coated with adhesive ...

I want to be able to remove it with no mess. Maybe 'sticky tack'...
Works pretty well at school.
Old December 23rd 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mark Thomas

Alan Browne wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:

Your family life revolves around the fridge - there are messages,
calendars, sentimental trinkets, witty sayings, obscene little trolls
(why did I think of that?), dreamcatchers, reminders, ads for
essential services like Jeff's AirCon Regas, all safe and secure with
their little magnetized backs....

If my life revolves around the fridge it's 'cause of all that yummy food
in there...

Me too, I was being hypothetical. I can't stand stuff on the fridge..
If we wanted a noticeboard we'd buy one. It just amuses me to see what
some people stick on them.

And here's an etiquette question. When visiting someone (oh, let's say
an acquaintance rather than a close friend), is it rude to look at
what's on their fridge? The only reason I ask is that sometimes I
notice the things on there can give a rather intimate insight into their
affairs.. (O:
Old December 23rd 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Mark Thomas wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:

[...]

Thanks to this thread, I will personally inspect the magnetic qualities
of any future purchase of large kitchen appliances.

I really hate it when I see someone's icebox covered in invitations to
parties I didn't know about. That's obnoxious! So, if it's on the box,
it's your duty to read closely.......or at least oooh and aaaah over the
cute photos.

--
john mcwilliams
Old December 23rd 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Mark Thomas wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I think it's great that the odd photo be
posted there, but folks shouldn't go overboard. In my case it's just a
pad for groceries.

Another way to look at it however is that putting crap all over the
fridge takes away from the "showpiece kitchen" fetish of recent years;
esp. by people whose cooking is akin to P&S snapshots (to put a photo
spin on this thread...)

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old December 24th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Navas[_2_]

wrote in :

John McWilliams wrote:

You seem to have overlooked those of us who don't much care whether
stainless is magnetizable or not......Though I am open to be persuaded
why I should be. :-)

Well, if my refrigerator were made of a non-magnetic metal, where would
I hang all those nice photos of nieces and nephews?

I'll introduce you to tape coated with adhesive ...

I want to be able to remove it with no mess. Maybe 'sticky tack'...
Works pretty well at school.

There are adhesives that can be removed with no residue, and there's
also Goof Off, which makes short work of adhesive residue.

--
Best regards,
John