Drone photography

Old November 21st 19, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Drone photography

I just bought my first drone, a cheap entry level model for
me to understand if drone photography makes sense for me.

Where can I find tutorials on how to take pictures with
drones? I get the impression that drone photos of 3D
structures (mountains, steep gorges etc.) and of places at
the interface of land and water (i.e. coasts) are cool.
It also seems that photos with the camera pointed straight
downwards are cool.

--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site

Old November 21st 19, 07:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 21, 2019, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

I just bought my first drone, a cheap entry level model for
me to understand if drone photography makes sense for me.

Where can I find tutorials on how to take pictures with
drones? I get the impression that drone photos of 3D
structures (mountains, steep gorges etc.) and of places at
the interface of land and water (i.e. coasts) are cool.
It also seems that photos with the camera pointed straight
downwards are cool.

Start with YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=drone+photography
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=drone+photography+Dji
Savageduck

Old November 23rd 19, 02:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2019-11-21 14:26, Alfred Molon wrote:
I just bought my first drone, a cheap entry level model for
me to understand if drone photography makes sense for me.

Where can I find tutorials on how to take pictures with
drones? I get the impression that drone photos of 3D
structures (mountains, steep gorges etc.) and of places at
the interface of land and water (i.e. coasts) are cool.
It also seems that photos with the camera pointed straight
downwards are cool.

What model?

Best way to learn: just do it. Also join a forum such as
https://mavicpilots.com/ but appropriate to the model you have.

Read the manual. Thoroughly and several times.

Do: learn safety first. ie: fly more than photo at first. Cardinal
rule: keep the drone in eye line of sight at all times. With small
drones this is not easy, esp. with certain backgrounds.

I'll assume you bought the Mavic Mini: Do not start the motors until
after the GPS has acquired and has a strong signal. This is essential
in case of radio control link loss for the drone to initiate a return to
the right place. (Make sure the return height is set high enough to
clear all obstacles).

Downward shots cool: very often true.

Try video and edit down to 30 s. to 3 minute sequences. You will
probably like it more than you realize at present. Indeed down shot
video can have a mesmerizing look.

--
"Even with the brain dead, the pig's heart keeps on beating...
sort of like ... pick a Kardashian."

Drone cameras RJH Digital Photography 3 October 23rd 19 07:01 PM
One of the hazards of drone-photography. Eric Stevens Digital Photography 3 October 28th 15 08:27 PM
More drone issues Savageduck[_3_] Digital Photography 7 July 1st 14 05:48 PM
"Drone" photography begins at the Olympics Joe Kotroczo Digital Photography 22 July 11th 12 09:55 AM
"Drone" photography begins at the Olympics Nemo[_2_] Digital SLR Cameras 2 July 9th 12 09:40 PM