Gone with the what?

Old May 1st 08, 04:24 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alienjones[_3_]

Default Gone with the what?

Old May 1st 08, 04:48 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Colin_D[_2_]

Alienjones wrote:

Well, the image tells the story right enough, but the technique worries
me somewhat. The girl's bust is totally blown out(no pun intended), as
well as too much OOF for my taste, as is the man's collar, and there's a
patch of 255^3 on his cheek.

If this is not due to Photoshop, then the much-vaunted D300 is no better
than a Canon for dynamic range; in fact a 40D could pee on it from a
great height.

Colin D.
Old May 1st 08, 05:57 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
^Tems^

Alienjones wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:
| On Apr 30, 7:39 pm, ^Toby-Temuchin^
| wrote:
| GROW UP DOGGY, you wonder why people hassle you. You bring it on
| yourself you piece of ****.
|

| Hey Douggie, looks like you got another fan for the club.
| Better send him an application.

He's been in my plonk file since the day he got released and tried his
filthy attitude.

You are the biggest liar on the internet. You always reply to me.

That prick has more aliases than are on the list your
other mate Charles Stevens or is it Mark Thomas? or ...attributed
(mostly wrongly) to me.

Don;t stress Doggy, no one will ever match your aliases, you will always
have the usenet wide record for most names used in a 12 month period.

Actually, how do you know all my aliases if you have had me killfiled
since my release (don't know where the **** I was licked up to be
released, maybe he thinks I'm a budgie.

ANOTHER LIE EXPOSED.

I don't think I've come across so many idiots in my life as I've
discovered on Usenet. Shut 'em out and all the posts from normal people
suddenly take relevance again. People like you makes so much noise, you
almost drown out posts from normal people interested in photography and
discussing it.

Wasn't that long ago you were saying I had a lot to offer this group.

You ought to try some human behavior counseling. I don't think so but
there is at least one person you regularly attack who maintains there is
still hope for you. I often wonder if you ever had any social skills to
begin with... I doubt it, knowing your disgusting obsession with
pornography.

You're the one whose photo is circulating the facebook funwall printing
pictures of naked men

--
"If someone had told me in 1989 that the BBS I started would eventually
become Usenet" - Douglas

http://groups.google.com.au/group/au...b383a7d3a33dc3
Old May 1st 08, 06:09 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_2_]

"Alienjones" wrote in message

So here's a tip for you that has gotten me world wide recognition as a
photographer and a full booking sheet for wedding photography for the
rest of this year and most of next year...

Never try and sell sand to an Arab or ice the an Eskimo.

Also, wet ducks never fly at night. . . .

No offense, but I'd still like to know why he's smelling her left eye. That
doesn't seem very romantic to me.

Neil

Old May 1st 08, 06:39 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alienjones[_3_]

Old May 1st 08, 06:59 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alienjones[_3_]

Neil Harrington wrote:
| "Alienjones" wrote in message
|
| So here's a tip for you that has gotten me world wide recognition as a
| photographer and a full booking sheet for wedding photography for the
| rest of this year and most of next year...
|
| Never try and sell sand to an Arab or ice the an Eskimo.
|
| Also, wet ducks never fly at night. . . .
|
| No offense, but I'd still like to know why he's smelling her left eye.
That
| doesn't seem very romantic to me.
|
| Neil

What a person sees in a picture is a widely variable factor.

I see a scene from a 1930's vintage movie when I look at it. Corny,
staged romance just like Clark Gable would have done. Perfect for the
theme intended.

"Frankly I don't give a damn, my dear"...
Portrayed by two fans of the era.

You see a bloke sniffing his lady's eye.

Someone else sees blown whites on a collar.

Someone else again see insincerity in the woman's face.

Rich sees a hair style he hasn't seen for a while.

My accountant see it making money.

The trolls see it as another chance to do some head kicking.

It's a perfect image to set as a talking point.

I'm not sure if you've noticed Neil, but my purpose in posting it has
been served well...

To get people talking about photography and (hopefully) explore their
own creativity in the process. You should try it sometime or is the
likely hood one of the trolls might do a number on you too daunting?

- --

from Douglas,
If my PGP key is missing, the
post is a forgery. Ignore it.
Old May 1st 08, 05:51 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
XxYyZz

"Alienjones" wrote in message

I've long been fascinated with the set construction skills and the
backdrop paintings of the people who created the scenes for films like
"Gone with the wind" and other famous productions.

Capturing the essence of the moment with the classic and timeless
imagery of an era long past is occupying my time more and more.

Doing it with a digital camera and without poisonous and ecologically
damaging chemicals is a real bonus... For me anyway.

This Russian wedding was a true story of love. She arrived (for the
umteenth time in the past year) a few days before the wedding without
more than a few phrases of English.

He loved here from the minute they met in Moscow all those years ago. No
expense spared is a good way to describe this wedding. And why not?
They'll see precious little of each other for a while. They must part
again soon whilst she waits for approval to migrate to Australia.

I haven't enjoyed a wedding like I enjoyed this love story for years.
What's wrong with this country that we let the rif-raf in but wealthy
and talented people have to go through hell to come here?

Despite the trolls and idiots who wait, ready to pounce, I'll share this
one with those who care about photography and the story it can tell and
visit here for that alone.

http://www.douglasjames.com.au/previews/romance.htm

I thought you were supposed to be a professional photographer ? What's with
the crappy photo ?

Old May 1st 08, 05:56 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
XxYyZz

Annika1980 wrote:
| On Apr 29, 8:32 pm, "Atheist Chaplain" wrote:
| hmm
| shiny nose on the bride
| groom looks like he is about to take her eye out with his nose
| at least the focus is sharp on the brides shiny nose :-)
|

| Beat me to it! It's hard to believe that any "Sought-after
| Professional Wedding Photographer with over 30 years experience" would
| claim that one. He admitted to using CS3 (probably a cracked version)
| so how could he miss those hotspots on her nose and cheek?
|
| All in all, a good one to add to the collection.

Oh I see.
Odd that someone living in the "deep south" couldn't see the connection
between gone with the wind and the steamy heat of the moment, given that
I led into it with an introduction based on the concept.

Yes, you led into it with a long winded introduction and then let everyone
down by posting a crappy photo.

Next time I post a picture of an Ice sculpture - like to one this couple
had for a wedding cake, I'll be sure to remove the water drops so your
lack comprehension for a scene's elements doesn't show up and
demonstrate the real lack of anything artistic in your pictures.

This is why I keep telling you, you know nothing about photography.

And by posting that awful photo as an example of your abilities shows you
now even less.

Unless you can grasp the feeling of a scene, how can you ever explore
the creativity needed to be a good photographer?

You should try to take become a good photographer first and if you ever
master that then you can work on creativity.

from Douglas,
If my PGP key is missing, the
post is a forgery. Ignore it.

Old May 1st 08, 05:58 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
XxYyZz

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message
In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Mr.T MrT@home wrote:

"Atheist Chaplain" wrote in message
the fact still remains that you touched up the photo with PS CS3 yet you
still left in the Brides shiny nose, not only that, by leaving it as the
sharp centre of focus its a beacon drawing the eye right to it, and as to
all your backdrop crap at least its not a 3 draw steel filing cabinet :-)
Just because you try and give a photo provenance does not instantly make

it
artistic, this photo is a prime example.
you admit to shopping this photo, maybe you should have shopped out the
reflected glare from the Brides nose, and maybe lightened her nose a bit,
then she won't look like she has had a bit to much to drink.

Why bother, it would still be just mush.
That a supposed professional would post that as a great example of his work
amazes me.

What distinguishes a professional is being able to produce the
required results to spec and on time. They don't necessarily have to
be good,

Well i guess that describes Douglas work perfectly.

especially in an area of fierce price competition such as
weddings.

--
Chris Malcolm DoD #205
[

Old May 1st 08, 06:05 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
XxYyZz

Helen wrote:
| On Apr 29, 8:24 pm, Alienjones wrote:
| I've long been fascinated with the set construction skills and the
| backdrop paintings of the people who created the scenes for films like
| "Gone with the wind" and other famous productions.

Snipped

| I just don't feel that special emotion here. The bride looks like
| she's about to laugh right in the groom's face. I don't feel the
| passion, the love, the emotion. The facial expression should tell it
| all, and her face lacks the emotion of kissing the man she is deeply
| in love with. It looks too staged on the bride's part.
| Helen

Maybe that's the case?

Maybe she doesn't feel the same emotion the groom has for kissing? Some
people don't "feel" anything in a kiss. Who can say? And that is the
point of the photo. To hold a viewer's interest, to ask a question...
Create an illusion. The fact you see in the picture what no one else has
(yet) is an important part of the art in my photography.

Another aspect of your opinion is that this is a "masculine" photo. I
have some taken on the same day which are feminine and many which are
gender neutral. You may well respond entirely differently to a feminine
version of the scene.

My intent with this picture was to raise the expectation of romance in a
steamy hot scene in as close to a theme of "Gone with the wind" as I
could make it. The twist is what you picked... Not the groom who
"frankly doesn't give a damn" but maybe the bride?

Those who see only a photograph with less than 1% not technically to
their liking are the real losers. If they are photographers themselves,
then they are destined never to discover how the medium can be used for
art as well as recording events and static scenes. I blame digital
cameras for that.

Yes, that's it, the digital camera made you take a ****ty photo!

When you think about it, photography is not a very realistic method of
recording events. A writer can create an illusion with a story, why not
a photographer take the illusion of a photograph and ask a question or
tell a story with it?

Why not take a real photograph and let it tell the story ?

Embrace that concept and you can also handle that monochrome photos are
even less realistic so why not forget all about faithful recording and
take the approach that art should harness the image and take over the
photograph?

It could, if the photograph wasn't of such poor quality.

It's all too easy to take technically perfect photos of mundane objects.
What has always eluded many, many people who take up a camera and set
about taking photos of birds and ducks and golfers is the art of the
medium. If I didn't have a camera I would still sketch or paint my
pictures...

And the pictures you painted would be just as bad !

- --

from Douglas,
If my PGP key is missing, the
post is a forgery. Ignore it.