Pentax k100d body, but which lens?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 9th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Stilgar[bbs.iscabbs.com]

Default Pentax k100d body, but which lens?

I would like to get a Pentax k100d. I'm not completely sold on
getting the kit with the 18-55 lens however, and I was wondering if
anyone had information on that lens or an alternative?

Originally, I wanted to get the Pentax 50-200mm, because most of the
shots I'd like to take are wildlife shots, and my biggest complaint
about my old point and shoot is the lack of a decent zoom. That being
said, we have a baby on the way in January, and I've since realized
that most of the initial shots I'll probably be taking are indoor
Christmas shots followed by baby pictures.

Several people have told me just to buy the kit with the 18-55mm lens,
but I always thought that the lenses in the kits aren't the best
quality you can get. So I was wondering if I should get the 18-55, or
if there's a better alternative that's less than $200? I'm open to
non-Pentax lenses.

Note to Canon/Nikon fanboys: please don't try to talk me out of the
Pentax camera as my mind is made up on this body.

Thanks in advance,
GH