Stereo Distance Perception

Old February 7th 21, 05:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Stereo Distance Perception

Not sure what all the fuss is about. When I enter
https://postimg.cc/gallery/3fnjbwcn4/
in Internet browser, the 3 images come up with no problem. Be happy to send
as E-mail attachments within reason.

the fuss is due to people using broken software and blaming others for
any problems they encounter.
Old February 7th 21, 05:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Feb 7, 2021, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In ,casagiannon
wrote:

Not sure what all the fuss is about. When I enter
https://postimg.cc/gallery/3fnjbwcn4/
in Internet browser, the 3 images come up with no problem. Be happy to send
as E-mail attachments within reason.

the fuss is due to people using broken software and blaming others for any problems they encounter.

No broken software here. I just find this to be a worthless exercise. My preference is for images that one can actually see without going through an optical stress test.

Here is one of the images in question, and no matter what, it remains a mess.
https://postimg.cc/XrSqps04

Savageduck

Old February 7th 21, 06:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

Not sure what all the fuss is about. When I enter
https://postimg.cc/gallery/3fnjbwcn4/
in Internet browser, the 3 images come up with no problem. Be happy to
send
as E-mail attachments within reason.

the fuss is due to people using broken software and blaming others for any
problems they encounter.

No broken software here.

that's why you don't see garbled text.

I just find this to be a worthless exercise. My
preference is for images that one can actually see without going through an
optical stress test.

a reasonable preference.
Old February 7th 21, 06:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

I=20have=20always=20been=20fascinated=20by=20the=2 0phenomenon=20of=
=20depth=20perception=20in=20vision.=20It=20would= 20seem=20that=20=
this=20is=20a=20combination=20of=20two=20mechanism s=20:

I'm getting this very hard to read stuff. What did you use to
post this message?

the problem is your newsreader.

Nope the problem is the shared stereoscopic gimmick image file and the
image sharing site which should open in a web browser. That has nothing to do
with the newsreader/usenet client used.

nope. alfred was complaining about the text of the post, where =20
replaced space characters (0x20 is the ascii value for space), clear
evidence that his newsreader failed to handle the text encoding.

those with newsreaders that correctly handle the encoding have no issue
reading the text.

the file sharing link should have been delimited with angle brackets,
but in this case, that didn't cause problems. the website also works as
expected.
Old February 7th 21, 06:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 2/7/2021 12:59 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Feb 7, 2021, nospam wrote (in
) :

In
,casagiannon
wrote:

Not sure what all the fuss is about. When I enter
https://postimg.cc/gallery/3fnjbwcn4/ in Internet browser, the 3
images come up with no problem. Be happy to send as E-mail
attachments within reason.

the fuss is due to people using broken software and blaming others
for any problems they encounter.

No broken software here. I just find this to be a worthless exercise.
My preference is for images that one can actually see without going
through an optical stress test.

Here is one of the images in question, and no matter what, it remains
a mess. https://postimg.cc/XrSqps04

For less of "a mess" maybe try this "Eye Workout" that someone posted
to one of my retiree groups:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgpapdbp4z...20charten.pdf?

--
==
Later...
Old February 7th 21, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article
.com,
Savageduck says...

On Feb 7, 2021, Paul Carmichael wrote
(in article ):

El 7/2/21 a las 15:23, Savageduck escribi?:
On Feb 7, 2021, wrote
(in ):

On Sun, 7 Feb 2021 13:00:01 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In ,
says...
I=20have=20always=20been=20fascinated=20by=20the=2 0phenomenon=20of=
=20depth=20perception=20in=20vision.=20It=20would= 20seem=20that=20=
this=20is=20a=20combination=20of=20two=20mechanism s=20:

I'm getting this very hard to read stuff. What did you use to
post this message?

It reads perfectly fine here using Agent.

Making the question: What are you reading it with?

I believe that Alfred is referring to your three images not the text. So the Usenet client used is irrelevant.

The three images are for me an unviewable mess.

Images?

Here is the first ?image?.
https://postimg.cc/XrSqps04

See what you can make of it. It is too much bother if I have to go through optic gymnastics to discern the stereoscopic mystery.

The images are indeed messy, but I was referring to the text
which came our garbled. Probably the OP used some kind of non-
standard encoding for the text.

I had a look at that newsreader software the other gentleman
recommended (Fort? Agent). With that indeed the problem goes
away, as it seems able to decode that kind of messages.

I might switch to that, but the the things is that it's not
freeware. You have to pay 29 USD, an in fact you only need this
(more advanced) newsreader software those rare times when
somebody posts an encoded message - which happens maybe every 3
or 4 years once.

--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site
Old February 7th 21, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

The images are indeed messy, but I was referring to the text
which came our garbled. Probably the OP used some kind of non-
standard encoding for the text.

the encoding was standard. the problem is your newsreader failed to
properly handle it.

other people had no issue reading it.

I had a look at that newsreader software the other gentleman
recommended (Fort? Agent). With that indeed the problem goes
away, as it seems able to decode that kind of messages.

agent has many issues, but at least it gets that one correct.

I might switch to that, but the the things is that it's not
freeware. You have to pay 29 USD, an in fact you only need this
(more advanced) newsreader software those rare times when
somebody posts an encoded message - which happens maybe every 3
or 4 years once.

it wasn't encoded.
Old February 7th 21, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Reader

On 07/02/2021 18:08, nospam wrote:
In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

I=20have=20always=20been=20fascinated=20by=20the=2 0phenomenon=20of=
=20depth=20perception=20in=20vision.=20It=20would= 20seem=20that=20=
this=20is=20a=20combination=20of=20two=20mechanism s=20:
I'm getting this very hard to read stuff. What did you use to
post this message?
the problem is your newsreader.

Nope the problem is the shared ³stereoscopic² gimmick image file and the
image sharing site which should open in a web browser. That has nothing to do
with the newsreader/usenet client used.

nope. alfred was complaining about the text of the post, where =20
replaced space characters (0x20 is the ascii value for space), clear
evidence that his newsreader failed to handle the text encoding.

those with newsreaders that correctly handle the encoding have no issue
reading the text.

the file sharing link should have been delimited with angle brackets,
but in this case, that didn't cause problems. the website also works as
expected.

if it is of any help, the email (I think it was the first posting in
this thread) with the* =20* instead of spaces has this in its headers:

Other postings have this

I'm using Thunderbird and* =20* appears in the email's* Message Source
but appear as spaces in the displayed message.

Regards, Reader.