flash problem

Old October 6th 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.marketplace.digital,uk.rec.photo.adverts,uk.rec.photo.misc
kamerakid

Default flash problem

I have a Samsung GX1L digital slr. I have been given a sturdy old Vivitar
283 flash unit.

At times, usually inside buildings and large rooms I need a more powerful
flash that the inbuilt one.

Where can I get a slave unit so that I can use this 283 without frying the
Samsungs circuits please?

I am happy to use the flash on a flashbar attached to the tripod socket but
am worried about what sort I need - I presume that I will need one which
ignores the pre-flash too!

Many thanks for any useful pointers.

Old October 6th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.marketplace.digital,uk.rec.photo.adverts,uk.rec.photo.misc
EAL

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 21:17:13 +0100, "kamerakid"
wrote:

I have a Samsung GX1L digital slr. I have been given a sturdy old Vivitar
283 flash unit.

At times, usually inside buildings and large rooms I need a more powerful
flash that the inbuilt one.

Where can I get a slave unit so that I can use this 283 without frying the
Samsungs circuits please?

I am happy to use the flash on a flashbar attached to the tripod socket but
am worried about what sort I need - I presume that I will need one which
ignores the pre-flash too!

Many thanks for any useful pointers.

Wow, posted to 5 newsgroups.

Check out Wein Safe Sync products.
http://www.weinproducts.com/safesyncs.htm

Ed
Old October 20th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.marketplace.digital,uk.rec.photo.adverts,uk.rec.photo.misc
Just Shoot Me[_2_]

"kamerakid" wrote in message
. uk...
I have a Samsung GX1L digital slr. I have been given a sturdy old Vivitar
283 flash unit.

At times, usually inside buildings and large rooms I need a more powerful
flash that the inbuilt one.

Where can I get a slave unit so that I can use this 283 without frying the
Samsungs circuits please?

I am happy to use the flash on a flashbar attached to the tripod socket
but am worried about what sort I need - I presume that I will need one
which ignores the pre-flash too!

Many thanks for any useful pointers.

is it dead yet? can you open it and put a flea collar inside?

when I was a kid there used to be thousands of gnats around.
while changing lenses in the wild I wonder if this happens a lot.

Tom

Old October 20th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.marketplace.digital,uk.rec.photo.adverts,uk.rec.photo.misc
Just Shoot Me[_2_]

how the hell..

my reply was supposed to go to the flea inside lens thread.

never mind.

"Just Shoot Me" wrote in message

"kamerakid" wrote in message
. uk...
I have a Samsung GX1L digital slr. I have been given a sturdy old Vivitar
283 flash unit.

At times, usually inside buildings and large rooms I need a more powerful
flash that the inbuilt one.

Where can I get a slave unit so that I can use this 283 without frying
the Samsungs circuits please?

I am happy to use the flash on a flashbar attached to the tripod socket
but am worried about what sort I need - I presume that I will need one
which ignores the pre-flash too!

Many thanks for any useful pointers.

is it dead yet? can you open it and put a flea collar inside?

when I was a kid there used to be thousands of gnats around.
while changing lenses in the wild I wonder if this happens a lot.

Tom

flash problem kamerakid Digital Photography 3 October 20th 07 06:30 PM
flash problem kamerakid Digital SLR Cameras 3 October 20th 07 06:30 PM
Flash Problem John Digital Photography 1 October 16th 06 03:01 PM
Help with a flash problem on a Pentax *ist DL [email protected] Digital SLR Cameras 13 August 27th 06 05:32 PM
Problem using flash Penasquitos Joe Digital Photography 6 August 3rd 04 06:04 AM