Can Windows file time stamp be changed to shooting time?

Old July 19th 04, 10:23 PM
Jerry

Default Can Windows file time stamp be changed to shooting time?

Yes but you have to change the computers time to that time.

Old July 19th 04, 10:49 PM
Zebedee

"Jerry" wrote in message
ink.net...
Yes but you have to change the computers time to that time.

That's a clunky way of doing it!

I can write a date change utility and sell it to you for a tenner if you're
that interested!

--
Yours

Zebedee

(Claiming asylum in an attempt
to escape paying his debts to
Dougal and Florence)

Old July 19th 04, 11:06 PM
David J Taylor

Zebedee wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message
ink.net...
Yes but you have to change the computers time to that time.

That's a clunky way of doing it!

I can write a date change utility and sell it to you for a tenner if
you're that interested!

Or the OP could try PIE from:

http://www.picmeta.com/

It costs more than a tenner, though!

Cheers,
David

Old July 20th 04, 01:03 AM
Terry

Gustav wrote:

Newer versions of Zoombrowser do not not give the picture files in
Windows the time stamp of when the picture actually was shot, but the
time of when it was downloaded from the camera! Absolutely annoying to
me. Earlier revisions could handle it.
Can anybody recommend a utility program that (batch-)changes the file
time stamp back to the 'shooting time'? Thanks

Try any of these, all freewa

Exifer: http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

THERename:
http://www.herve-thouzard.com/module...hp?articleid=3

JHead: http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/. Command line.

There are lots of others, but the above are good programs, well
supported, and popular.

Terry

Old July 20th 04, 01:17 AM
Frank ess

Terry wrote:
Gustav wrote:

Newer versions of Zoombrowser do not not give the picture files in
Windows the time stamp of when the picture actually was shot, but the
time of when it was downloaded from the camera! Absolutely annoying
to me. Earlier revisions could handle it.
Can anybody recommend a utility program that (batch-)changes the file
time stamp back to the 'shooting time'? Thanks

Try any of these, all freewa

Exifer: http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

THERename:

http://www.herve-thouzard.com/module...hp?articleid=3

JHead: http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/. Command line.

I have a batch file for each of my useful cameras (and the Jhead
executable) in a "Transit" file, where all downloads arrive.
Double-clicking the appropriate .bat renders all appropriate filenames
into
"2004_06_08_095919.jpg" format, where "06" and "08" are the month and
day, and the next string of six are hours, minutes, seconds as known by
the camera and shown in EXIF data. Very small chance of any duplicates,
takes two or three seconds. You can extract and include in the filename
just about any of the EXIF you want.

If I can do it, anyone who can read can do it...

Frank ess

Old July 20th 04, 12:10 PM
Hans-Georg Michna

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:03:20 GMT, Terry
wrote:

JHead: http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/. Command line.

Terry,

thanks for this one. Needed something like this to adjust EXIF
times when I had forgotten to set the time to the local time
zone in the camera.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.
Old July 31st 04, 11:11 PM
Hunt

In article , etapilot3
@hotmail.com says...

Thanks guys.
Now, some of you might have misunderstood. I looked for something to
change the file time stamp, -not the file name.
Anyway, I decided for the jhead v2.2 which does the job nicely. And
it's btw public domain.
Thanks again.

Did not see the OP, but if I understand the question, SuperExplorer (
shareware) can do this, as well as batch process file extension changes.
However, it appears that you have a freeware answer to your question.

Hunt