Image hosting site?

Old June 2nd 13, 02:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Hare-Scott

Default Image hosting site?

I want to make some images available on the WWW. I won't be using features
such as; on-line editing, creating collages and multi-media, ratings,
competitions, links to social media and hoopla. I don't mind if they are
there as long as they don't get in the way. If I could make some images
public and others private that might be handy but it isn't essential. Most
of all I would like the site to be free, fast and with a simple robust
interface.

Recommendations please.

David

Old June 2nd 13, 02:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-06-01 18:02:37 -0700, "David Hare-Scott" said:

I want to make some images available on the WWW. I won't be using
features such as; on-line editing, creating collages and multi-media,
ratings, competitions, links to social media and hoopla. I don't mind
if they are there as long as they don't get in the way. If I could
make some images public and others private that might be handy but it
isn't essential. Most of all I would like the site to be free, fast
and with a simple robust interface.

Recommendations please.

David

Dropbox
Flickr
Smugmug
pbase.com
Picassa Web Albums
500px
....and more.
Some here use more than one of the above depending on their intent.

I use Dropbox for sharing, and I have found it to be a simple method to
store some images I might care to share on line.
Here is an example:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...NC_4955B1w.jpg

Savageduck