40D NOSE MACROS!

Old January 19th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default 40D NOSE MACROS!

Old January 19th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Ali[_3_]

You been doing self portraits again Brett? ;-)

Old January 19th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Troy Piggins[_9_]

* Annika1980 is quoted & my replies are inline below :

Ha! That's what you do when there's no insects

--
Troy Piggins
Please feel free to provide constructive criticism on any photos I post. I'm
Old January 19th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Jan 19, 3:33*pm, Annika1980 wrote:

Holy smokes that close! Very sharp and great color! Excellent skills
in macro photography!!
Helen
Old January 20th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Martin Riddle

"Annika1980" wrote in message ...

Ummmm, Needs a shave?

Old January 20th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Jan 19, 3:33*pm, Annika1980 wrote:

What is truly amazing is the slow shutter speed used, 1/30, and at
this magnification, the image is extremely sharp! I can see the pores
on Div's nose for Pete's sake! Now THAT'S talent!
Helen
Old January 20th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Jan 19, 4:21*pm, Troy Piggins wrote:
* Annika1980 is quoted & my replies are inline below :

Ha! *That's what you do when there's no insects

Yep. Cats and coins. Here's a U.S. penny for your thoughts.

That one was taken at the full 5x magnification of the MP-E Macro
lens.
Hence, the long exposure. Also, the shot was cropped and reduced in
size 25% for posting on the web. The numbers don't even fit on my
screen at full res (they are about 914 pixels high).

Old January 20th 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Troy Piggins[_9_]

* Annika1980 is quoted & my replies are inline below :
On Jan 19, 4:21*pm, Troy Piggins wrote:
* Annika1980 is quoted & my replies are inline below :

Ha! *That's what you do when there's no insects

Yep. Cats and coins. Here's a U.S. penny for your thoughts.

That one was taken at the full 5x magnification of the MP-E Macro lens.
Hence, the long exposure. Also, the shot was cropped and reduced in
size 25% for posting on the web. The numbers don't even fit on my
screen at full res (they are about 914 pixels high).

Aah, the MPE-65. If I start saving now I might be able to get
one next year. Yay.