Lifetime

Old May 19th 07, 10:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Just D

Default Lifetime

People,

What's the usual lifetime of D200, D80, and other cameras? I mean the number
of shots, just approximately, X0'000, X00'000, greater? Did anybody hear
anything about that?

Just D.

Old May 19th 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Al Bundy

On May 19, 5:03 am, "Just D" wrote:
People,

What's the usual lifetime of D200, D80, and other cameras? I mean the number
of shots, just approximately, X0'000, X00'000, greater? Did anybody hear
anything about that?

Just D.

I don't own the models you mention. I can only say that I have gotten
thousands of pictures on my HP digitals and they have also been
dropped many times. I use them every day. As with any piece of
electronics, they can suffer a hard failure at any time so you always
need backup.

Old May 19th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Just D

"Al Bundy"
What's the usual lifetime of D200, D80, and other cameras? I mean the
number
of shots, just approximately, X0'000, X00'000, greater? Did anybody hear
anything about that?

I don't own the models you mention. I can only say that I have gotten
thousands of pictures on my HP digitals and they have also been
dropped many times. I use them every day. As with any piece of
electronics, they can suffer a hard failure at any time so you always
need backup.

Actually I didn't mean if I drop the camera down or something like that. I
mean a usual physical wear of the shutter. I heard something about 100'000
shots, maybe slightly greater, but this info is not the latest and about the
previous generation of the cameras. And I have no idea how long the PRO and
SEMIPRO DSLR models are able to work before we need to maintain or even
replace the shutter. Just my curiosity. For example I made over 4500 shots
since the middle of December 2006 and I'm wondering if I keep going at the
same speed for how long time the camera will still be able to work great as
usual.

Just D.

Old May 30th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Just D wrote:

"Al Bundy"
[...]

Hello, Just D:

Here's some information I just found, on the Web, about DSLR shutter
lifetimes:

Nikon D200 - 100,000 actuations

Nikon D80 - 50,000 actuations

The above data, alone, seems to indicate that the D200 is considerably
more robust than the D80.

Cordially,
John Turco
Old May 30th 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Just D

John,

Here's some information I just found, on the Web, about DSLR shutter
lifetimes:

Nikon D200 - 100,000 actuations
Nikon D80 - 50,000 actuations

The above data, alone, seems to indicate that the D200 is considerably
more robust than the D80.

Thanks for this info, it's interesting. So it looks like I should be more
careful, accurate, and don't shoot too many times. Say, if one short trip
takes approximately from 500 to 1000 shots then I can destroy the shutter in
50-100 trips. Not so good. I expected more at least in times.

Just D.