Adorama Opinions

Old May 12th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
MH[_2_]

Default Adorama Opinions

What's the consensus on this place? Reputable? Good service? Pros/cons?

Thanks,

Matt
Old May 12th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor

MH wrote:
What's the consensus on this place? Reputable? Good service? Pros/cons?

Reputable? Yes. Good service? Yes. B&H or Adorama, you won't go wrong.
Adorama makes a few more of their own special little devices, from what
I've seen.

I usually use B&H because 1. They are convenient to Penn Station, and 2.
They ship from Brooklyn/Queens instead of NJ, which often gets the stuff
to me on Long Island a day quicker!
Old May 12th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Oliver Costich

On Sat, 12 May 2007 16:40:22 -0400, Cynicor
wrote:

MH wrote:
What's the consensus on this place? Reputable? Good service? Pros/cons?

Reputable? Yes. Good service? Yes. B&H or Adorama, you won't go wrong.
Adorama makes a few more of their own special little devices, from what
I've seen.

I usually use B&H because 1. They are convenient to Penn Station, and 2.
They ship from Brooklyn/Queens instead of NJ, which often gets the stuff
to me on Long Island a day quicker!

B&H has a slightly better reselleratings.com report and lower shipping
costs. Prices seem comparable. I only look at Adorama when B&H can't
supply. From personal experience, B&H has superior customer service
compared to any store (not just photo) I've used.
Old May 13th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Dyer-Bennet

MH wrote:
What's the consensus on this place? Reputable? Good service? Pros/cons?

Decent, tolerable, not scam artists. I rate them second to B&H.
Old May 13th 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
KenS

On May 12, 6:50 pm, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
MH wrote:
What's the consensus on this place? Reputable? Good service? Pros/cons?

Decent, tolerable, not scam artists. I rate them second to B&H.

I agree with David - I've never had any problems at all with them.

Ken

Old May 13th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank ess

MH wrote:
What's the consensus on this place? Reputable? Good service?
Pros/cons?

Decent, tolerable, not scam artists. I rate them second to B&H.

I agree with David - I've never had any problems at all with them.

Ayuh.

Sometimes a little less expensive and a little slower on the shipping.
Otherwise, a very close second.

--
Frank ess

Old May 13th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wayne[_2_]

"MH" wrote in message
t...
What's the consensus on this place? Reputable? Good service? Pros/cons?

I have bought from Adorama and B&H for years. Both have been reliable,
honest, and provided reliable delivery. Between the two, I have had only
one item returned, and that was to Adorama. For whatever reasons, the
transaction was lost (part of it was my fault). Adorama made it good in a
timely manner.

Because of the consistency of satifactory transactions between the two, I
don't shop around much. I just order from one of them.