My Sigma camera and lens collection

Old June 27th 04, 04:57 PM
Giorgio Preddio

Default My Sigma camera and lens collection

As per Skip's inquiry........

CAMERA BODIES:
Sigma SD10 DSLR body - 4
Sigma SD9 DSLR body - 1
Sigma SA9 35mm body - 1 (for shooting slides)

FLASH:
Sigma Sigma EF-500 Super TTL Flash - 3

PRIMES:
Sigma Fisheye 8mm f/4.0 EX Circular
Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX Macro
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX Macro
Sigma 180mm f/3.5 EX APO Macro IF HSM
Sigma 300mm f/2.8 EX APO HSM
Sigma 400mm f/5.6 APO HSM Macro
Sigma 500mm f/4.5 EX APO HSM
Sigma 20mm f/1.8 EX Aspherical DG DF
Sigma 24mm f/1.8 EX Aspherical DG DF

ZOOMS:
Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX Aspherical DG HSM
Sigma 20-40mm f/2.8 EX Aspherical DG DF
Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX Aspherical DF
Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 EX APO IF HSM
Sigma 300-800mm f/5.6 EX APO IF HSM
Old June 27th 04, 05:04 PM
Chuck

who cares

Old June 27th 04, 05:22 PM
Darrell Larose

"Chuck" wrote in message
who cares

I can cut`n paste from the Sigma catalog too. But nobody has ever seen a
picture you've taken so the point is moot. BTW why would you need 5 DSLRs?

Old June 27th 04, 08:02 PM
Skip M

"Phil Wheeler" wrote in message
news

Likely too busy trying to decide which of these many lenses to put on
which of his five bodies: Seems overwhelming to me :-)

Phil

Well, he's probably trying to figure out how to fill the obvious gaps in his
lens coverage without dumping the whole batch and buying a real system like
Canon's or Nikon's. A 180mm 3.5 (a not stellar performer) and a 120-300mm
f2.8, which is faster and better, and covers the same length as the 300
f2.8? No coverage between 70 and 105mm and 105mm and 120? No 50mm 1.4 or
1.8? (Oh, yeah, Sigma doesn't make one...) Yes, Sigma's 300-800 is the
only one on the market, but I can get one for my Canon's, too, since Sigma
makes it in Canon mount.
He's dreaming, if he really used those lenses, he'd have a completely
different selection, or there would be 1 or two more, or less.
The reason I wanted him to post his collection was to really see if he knew
what he's doing. He didn't disappoint, he really has not a clue.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old June 27th 04, 08:17 PM
SleeperMan

Giorgio Preddio typed:

As per Skip's inquiry........

CAMERA BODIES:
Sigma SD10 DSLR body - 4
Sigma SD9 DSLR body - 1
Sigma SA9 35mm body - 1 (for shooting slides)

FLASH:
Sigma Sigma EF-500 Super TTL Flash - 3

PRIMES:
Sigma Fisheye 8mm f/4.0 EX Circular
Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX Macro
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX Macro
Sigma 180mm f/3.5 EX APO Macro IF HSM
Sigma 300mm f/2.8 EX APO HSM
Sigma 400mm f/5.6 APO HSM Macro
Sigma 500mm f/4.5 EX APO HSM
Sigma 20mm f/1.8 EX Aspherical DG DF
Sigma 24mm f/1.8 EX Aspherical DG DF

ZOOMS:
Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX Aspherical DG HSM
Sigma 20-40mm f/2.8 EX Aspherical DG DF
Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX Aspherical DF
Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 EX APO IF HSM
Sigma 300-800mm f/5.6 EX APO IF HSM

I quote you:
"Add-on lens attachments severely degrade image quality."
(What followed, is a matter of personal opinion)

Now, since you owe 14 lenses, you have exactly 14 chances to "degrade your
image" severly...

By the way, how do you transport all above? With a truck?

Old June 27th 04, 09:33 PM
David Kilpatrick

Skip M wrote:
[...]

The 180mm f3.5 is a macro lens, but the earlier 180mm f5.6 1:1 macro is
possibly better. The 120-300mm is fine but a touch limited in close
focus for macro work :-)

The interesting thing about George's collection is that he seems to have
lenses which are not currently available in the Sigma mount, at least in
Britain. Sigma do release the 120-300mm, and 12-24mm, and all the prime
macros and key teles like 300mm f2.8 but I have yet to actually see the
fast wide angle DG lenses in SA mount. I am sure some must be made but I
am not aware of anyone stocking them, including Sigma UK.

David

Old June 27th 04, 10:30 PM
Big Bill

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:22:11 GMT, "Darrell Larose"
wrote:

"Chuck" wrote in message
who cares

I can cut`n paste from the Sigma catalog too. But nobody has ever seen a
picture you've taken so the point is moot. BTW why would you need 5 DSLRs?

he shoots porn, and they need to be cleaned often.

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old June 28th 04, 12:47 AM
Tom Scales

Too bad he blew his budget and couldn't afford any memory cards. Can show
us any pics!