can someone find me a Camera that has this demends ?

Old April 30th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Over G

Default can someone find me a Camera that has this demends ?

1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber
2( have azoom of 10 andmore.
3( LCD )turning around .
4(stabilizer.

thanks

Old April 30th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Just D

"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)"
wrote:

1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber
2( have azoom of 10 andmore.
3( LCD )turning around .
4(stabilizer.

Why don't you go search dpreview.com yourself?

He'd better provide his Credit Card number right here in the NG to let us
make a choice and buy it for him...

Sometimes people are so naive...

Just D.

Old April 30th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Over G

On May 1, 1:37 am, "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)"
wrote:
On 30 Apr 2007 15:19:44 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Over G

--
Ed Ruf )http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...ral/index.html

I mean suggestions,

every thing I checked was not qualified..

Old May 1st 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Just D

"Over G"
1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber
2( have azoom of 10 andmore.
3( LCD )turning around .
4(stabilizer.

Why don't you go search dpreview.com yourself?
--
Ed Ruf
)http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...ral/index.html

I mean suggestions,

every thing I checked was not qualified..

Sure, but why do you think that thid NG knows your preferences much better
than you do? You also missed some parameters to start with - camera size,
MPx, price range, kind of stabilizer, kind of camera, purpose, etc., etc....
Only you know exactly what do you want to get. Even a bad grip can cause a
problem and affect your choice if we're talking about pro/semipro series.

Knowing all that you could go to some on-line store and order to show you
the list that they have for that requirements. For example www.onecall.com
and many others - you can screen the entire list using that. And only after
you made your own search you could ask people to provide some additional
info about a few ones that you selected from the long list. You should
understand that all people are having their own preferences and it's almost
impossible to give a good advice. Like my very good friend said to another
our friend many years ago answering his question if he should get married or
not - "I will be guilty any way, regardless of if I'm right or wrong, then
why should I answer yout question?".

Just D.

Old May 1st 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jürgen Exner

Over G wrote:
1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber

Any of the major camera manufactures has 28mm lenses

2( have azoom of 10 andmore.

That's somewhat harder to find. Most people consider zooms with a factor of
10 to be way too much of a compromise and rather carry 2 or 3 separate
lenses. Most major manufactures won't go beyond 7x or so.

3( LCD )turning around .

I don't think there are any digital cameras without an LCD

4(stabilizer.

Pentax has the stabilizer in the camera body instead of in the lens. Experts
are still arguing if lens or sensor is the better place for the stabilizer.

jue

Old May 1st 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:39:57 GMT, Jürgen Exner wrote:

3( LCD )turning around .

I don't think there are any digital cameras without an LCD

Not too many can turn around on command. I think he meant an
LCD that's articulated and can be repositioned.

Old May 1st 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Michael Meissner

"Jürgen Exner" writes:

Over G wrote:
1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber

Any of the major camera manufactures has 28mm lenses

2( have azoom of 10 andmore.

That's somewhat harder to find. Most people consider zooms with a factor of
10 to be way too much of a compromise and rather carry 2 or 3 separate
lenses. Most major manufactures won't go beyond 7x or so.

I think the original poster meant a self contained camera where you can't
change lenses. Not everything is a DSLR.

3( LCD )turning around .

I don't think there are any digital cameras without an LCD

I suspect the original poster meant with an articulating LCD like some of the
flip and twist Canon cameras (S1/S2/S3, etc.) that would for things like a self
portrait or shooting from waist level. Presumably the LCD would be used for
focusing since you don't really need to flip the LCD for review.

4(stabilizer.

Pentax has the stabilizer in the camera body instead of in the lens. Experts
are still arguing if lens or sensor is the better place for the stabilizer.

Off hand, I don't know of any camera that meets the specification. Lets see:

Canon S3 camera:
Has 12x zoom, articulating LCD, has IS, but starts at 36mm equivalent.

Olympus SP550UZ:
Has 18x zoom, has IS, starts at 28mm, but does not have an articulating LCD.

Ricoh R6:
Starts at 28mm, has IS, but only has a 7x zoom and no articulating LCD.

Panasonic TZ3/TZ2:
Starts at 28mm, has IS, 10x zoom, but no articulating LCD.

Panasonic FZ50:
Has IS, 12x zoom, articulating LCD, but starts at 35mm

If you really want the articulating LCD, you have to figure whether you are
willing to live with 35mm instead of 28mm. An alternative would be to use the
TV out functionality that these cameras have and use a portable DVD player to
view the LCD at the angle you want and use a SP550UZ or TZ3/TZ2. I could
imagine a mirror or some such could also be fashioned.

You can put a wide angle lens on the FZ50 and probably on the S3 to give you
28mm, but you might not have much zoom between 28mm and 35mm.

--
Michael Meissner
email:
Old May 1st 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

The Fuji S9100 doesn't have true IS, but does have Fuji's "Picture
Stabilization" mode, and it does meet the other criteria. Articulating
LCD, 10.7x optical zoom starting at 28mm. http://tinyurl.com/ysu5rh

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/
Old May 1st 07, 08:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Over G

On May 1, 3:47 am, Michael Meissner
wrote:
"Jürgen Exner" writes:
Over G wrote:
[...]

ok first thanks.
yes, I could be more clear , I agree.

but, it is good t o see people open thier mind,
and instead of answering "sophisticated" answeres on DSLR
understand my question.

your answer is exectly what I asked,
I wonder what is the fuji stabilizer do then ?

thanks

Old May 1st 07, 08:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Over G

On May 1, 5:19 am, wrote:
The Fuji S9100 doesn't have true IS, but does have Fuji's "Picture
Stabilization" mode, and it does meet the other criteria. Articulating
LCD, 10.7x optical zoom starting at 28mm. http://tinyurl.com/ysu5rh

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/
Updated Infrared Photography Gallery:
http://www.phred.org/~josh/photo/ir.html

wonder what is the fuji stabilizer do then ?

I read it push the ISo up,
so it is not that a stabilizer,
if you want to take a clear shot on sunny day with full zoom,
I don't want the camera to add noise with the ISo..
or I didn't udnerstand what it does correctly.