Buying online?

Old January 15th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Buying online?

The Sony R1 is $689.00 at bestpricecameras.com. Everyone else seems to
offer it from $850 to $1,000. Is this a case of "it seems to good to be
true, it probably is"?
What's the catch?

Old January 15th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On 15 Jan 2006 08:51:08 -0800, Chip37075 wrote:
The Sony R1 is $689.00 at bestpricecameras.com. Everyone else seems to
offer it from $850 to $1,000. Is this a case of "it seems to good to be
true, it probably is"?
What's the catch?

http://www.price.com/vendor_review_d...id=-2147483120

The first three comments, which are typical of the entire list of
comments:

"NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE GUYS!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND DO
NOT TRUST THESE GUYS EVER!!! They tried to sell me battery and charger
by saying that its not included with the manufacturers Camera. That is
BULL S... these A$$Holes will rip you off if you give them you Credit
card number."

"***DO NOT ORDER FROM BESTPRICECAMERAS.COM..you'll be ripped off! I
ordered a Nikon Coolpix 8700 for $359(as advertised)+$35 for shipping.
They charged me $100 extra for battery and charger which should've come
with camera. The next day, they billed me $585.00, overdrawing my
checking account. The total should have been $494, even after being
dishonestly charged for the battery. Turns out, they charged an extra
$40 for 'insurance', and $50 more for the camera, saying that I'd get a
rebate form with the order.No rebate came, and Nikon co. said there was
no rebate! Neither of these 'extra' charges were mentioned anywhere on
the site!! Oh yeah, and I never received the 'free' tripod that was
supposed to come with EVERY camera order!"

"This is a total scam. I tried for 6 hours to get someone on the phone.
Sean at x237 is a manager, but will NEVER answer his phone. Please
report them to Google to get them off their site. Here is the link to
complain... http://www.google.com/contact/rate_advertiser.html"

-dms
Old January 15th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

wrote:

The Sony R1 is $689.00 at bestpricecameras.com. Everyone else seems to
offer it from $850 to $1,000. Is this a case of "it seems to good to be
true, it probably is"?
What's the catch?

WOW! Out of 44 reviews in 6 months, these guys managed a *0.0*!!!
Read it and be warned.

--
Bill Funk
Replace "g" with "a"