Replacement Lens Hood

Old April 19th 12, 05:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Trevor[_2_]

Default Replacement Lens Hood

"Savageduck" wrote in message
...but most importantly I had a hot glue gun handy, and no epoxy resin
within 14 miles of my home.

Well that's usually a good reason, although I carry epoxy in my car, but not
power for a glue gun.

Trevor.

Old April 19th 12, 11:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
me[_5_]

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:52:06 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

Yet again damage has caused me to replace another Nikon HB-39 lens
hood for my 16~85mm lens.

I've had a look at Amazon to see if they can sell me one and I find I
have a choice of the genuine Nikon, EzFoto, Fotodiox, Pearstone plus
several others. B&H has the Nikon and the Pearstone.

Too many choices. Too many prices even though the sums are relatively
trivial. I would be grateful for any comments which could help me make
a decision.

For whatever it is worth, I have found the Nikon relatively fragile
and flimsy. The need to replace the lens hood arises an unusual
accident but this is the third time I have had to replace one. I'm
open to recommendations for an alternative.

Don't forget to take a look at the used departments of B&H, Adorama,
KEH, etc.