Need Information on Sabre S+35 Enlarger

Old October 27th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom
Dave Hunter

Default Need Information on Sabre S+35 Enlarger

Hi All:

A while back, I picked up a small Sabre s+35 enlarger (also labelled "an
R$H Product" in a yard sale. While I realize this is only good for 35 mm
film, I am restoring it as much as I can.

It is missing its negative carrier. From looking at the unit, it looks
as though the original carrier would have been approximately 3"x3", and
the enlarger head has two indexing pins which would insert through the
carrier, one on each side.

Does anyone have a spare carrier for one of these (says he
optimistically and with a truly dumb hope), or more realistically, does
anyone have one of these they could photograph so that I could construct
one...

Also, and chances anyone would have a manual for this ancient toy?

I am just getting back into at least processing my own films, and am
looking for an inexpensive developing tank for 120 mm. and 35 mm. film
as well?

Many years ago, I processed my own films, and now that I have a number
of good 120 cameras (Bronica, Rollieflex, Yashica D) in the collection
and no nearby labs, it is time at least to develop my own film again.

Dave
Old October 28th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom
darkroommike

I have made carriers from matte board for many old enlargers
for odd formats so that might be a place to start if you are
just itching to make a print. It's also possible that
another enlarger would have a carrier so similar that the
substitute might work without any filing or bashing. More
common 35mm only enlargers would be the Bogen line and the
smaller Omegas (Some Bogen carriers are a simple 2-part
hinged design some are a more complicated hinged affair).
Don't know where you are located but hope this is a start
for you.