OT Customs Canada holding up items?

Old September 8th 04, 08:35 PM
Nick Zentena

William Graham wrote:

"Justin F. Knotzke" wrote in message
Are there any canucks who have ordered something from the US lately who
find that their packages are arriving later then normal?

I had something shipped from Florida in early June which arrived in two
days. The last two shipments, same seller, same shipping method, has taken

3
times as long.

A quick Google also came up with a few threads of people complaining

about
shipping times and the belief is that Customs Canada is holding it back.

The Liberal's desire for more money is insatiable.....They are trying to
make sure that not one red cent of taxes go by without being found and
charged.........Also, they need justification for hiring all those extra
people to unwrap and re-wrap packages.......You see, everybody wins except
the taxpayers, and they are eminently disposable.......

Are you talking about tax and spend W? Our budget is balanced and we're
paying down debt. You see we have fiscal conservites up here. We have old
fashion morals. You know pay your own way.

Nick

Old September 8th 04, 09:48 PM
Justin F. Knotzke

quote who= Nick Zentena /:

Depends on what you buy. I've gotten stuff from Photoco that was cheaper
then anyplace else in North America. She got me a flash cable for a very
good price. Some of the other stuff is very good but with the US$ getting
weaker the prices are closer.

I buy almost everything but hardware from her. It's mostly film and
chemicals. What I like about Photoco is they know me and will get whatever I
want and call me when it arrives.

What normally kills the deal for me in regards to buying film from the US is
the shipping. It pretty well negates whatever savings were to be had.

I purposely buy from Photoco just to support the local joint that sells B&W
materials..

But you know, the reason why she sells so much B&W is because the local
College still makes their students shoot B&W. Once John Abbott switches to
full digital, I'm not entirely sure Photoco will keep up their stocks. They
told me sales of B&W drops like a rock in the summer..

Justin F. Knotzke

http://www.shampoo.ca

Old September 8th 04, 11:10 PM
Nick Zentena

Justin F. Knotzke wrote:
quote who= Nick Zentena /:

Depends on what you buy. I've gotten stuff from Photoco that was cheaper
then anyplace else in North America. She got me a flash cable for a very
good price. Some of the other stuff is very good but with the US$ getting
weaker the prices are closer.

I buy almost everything but hardware from her. It's mostly film and
chemicals. What I like about Photoco is they know me and will get whatever I
want and call me when it arrives.

What normally kills the deal for me in regards to buying film from the US is
the shipping. It pretty well negates whatever savings were to be had.

I like Agfa film. Photoco was quite a bit cheaper on B&W for Agfa. Even
with the currency change their price is pretty much equal. For colour the
Photoco price last I checked was cheaper in C$ then anybody in US$. So a big
saving.

For sheet film I've been ordering from the US just because the stuff can be
so expensive on this side.

Nick

Old September 9th 04, 12:03 PM
rob

In message - Alan Browne
writes:
:
:Justin F. Knotzke wrote:
:
: Are there any canucks who have ordered something from the US lately who
: find that their packages are arriving later then normal?
:
: I had something shipped from Florida in early June which arrived in two
: days. The last two shipments, same seller, same shipping method, has taken 3
: times as long.
:
: A quick Google also came up with a few threads of people complaining about
: shipping times and the belief is that Customs Canada is holding it back.
:
:Those folks are having negotiating problems right now ... their
:main tactic has been to let people through without a care to what
:they've purchased (good time to shop in the US, IOW).
:
:They may also be working to rule and this may be slowing down
:parcel packages ... your tax dollars at slow work.
:
:Cheers,
:Alan
:
:

I noticed the delays started last spring. Stuff from B&H used to take 10 days
to arrive, since February/March delivery times have increased to about 3 weeks
or so.

rob