OT Customs Canada holding up items?

Old September 8th 04, 04:01 PM
Justin F. Knotzke

quote who= Nick Zentena /:

Which shipper? All I can say is it depends. Some stuff sails in. Some
stuff gets opened. I don't think things are any later then normal but it
does vary.

http://www.usps.com/global/globalexpressmail.htm

Customs handling is done by:

http://www.pbb.com/courier/

Like I said, same shipper, first time: 2 days. It's now been 5 days.

ooh and Nick, thanks for the tip on Photoco regarding ordering chromes in
bulk.

Justin F. Knotzke

http://www.shampoo.ca

Old September 8th 04, 07:10 PM
Nick Zentena

Justin F. Knotzke wrote:
quote who= Nick Zentena /:

Which shipper? All I can say is it depends. Some stuff sails in. Some
stuff gets opened. I don't think things are any later then normal but it
does vary.

http://www.usps.com/global/globalexpressmail.htm

Customs handling is done by:

http://www.pbb.com/courier/

Like I said, same shipper, first time: 2 days. It's now been 5 days.

I don't think Canada customs even sees those packages. Pbb should handle
everything.

ooh and Nick, thanks for the tip on Photoco regarding ordering chromes in
bulk.

They're great if you get the right person. Was the price okay?

Nick

Old September 8th 04, 07:56 PM
Justin F. Knotzke

quote who= Nick Zentena /:

I don't think Canada customs even sees those packages. Pbb should handle
everything.

Hmm. Here's what pbb says:

http://www.pbb.com/courier/

Revenue Canada, Customs and Excise, requires all importations to Canada to be
duty and tax paid at the time of arrival. PBB Global Logistics is the
contracted Canadian Handling agent for Purolator Courier, Airborne Express,
The Universal Postal Union (EMS), and TNT. We will assist you in getting your
package cleared through customs, or any other Government agency, with as
little disruption to your express service as possible. We invoice each
consignee directly for any duties/taxes and a minimal disbursement fee.

I'm not sure if that means that the package still goes through Canada
Customs or not..

They're great if you get the right person. Was the price okay?

Ask for Karen. She does all the ordering. The price was OK. You aren't
getting a steal with Photoco but they still support B&W heavily and I will
continue to support them as long as they do.

Justin F. Knotzke

http://www.shampoo.ca

Old September 8th 04, 08:22 PM
William Graham

"Justin F. Knotzke" wrote in message
Are there any canucks who have ordered something from the US lately who
find that their packages are arriving later then normal?

I had something shipped from Florida in early June which arrived in two
days. The last two shipments, same seller, same shipping method, has taken

3
times as long.

A quick Google also came up with a few threads of people complaining

about
shipping times and the belief is that Customs Canada is holding it back.

The Liberal's desire for more money is insatiable.....They are trying to
make sure that not one red cent of taxes go by without being found and
charged.........Also, they need justification for hiring all those extra
people to unwrap and re-wrap packages.......You see, everybody wins except
the taxpayers, and they are eminently disposable.......

Old September 8th 04, 08:33 PM
Nick Zentena

Justin F. Knotzke wrote:

I'm not sure if that means that the package still goes through Canada
Customs or not..

I think they do it all. Customs might do spot checks or audit them but
that's it.

They're great if you get the right person. Was the price okay?

Ask for Karen. She does all the ordering. The price was OK. You aren't
getting a steal with Photoco but they still support B&W heavily and I will
continue to support them as long as they do.

Depends on what you buy. I've gotten stuff from Photoco that was cheaper
then anyplace else in North America. She got me a flash cable for a very
good price. Some of the other stuff is very good but with the US$ getting
weaker the prices are closer.

Nick