Doo-Nanny folk art festival video (ripping & burning DVD)

Old December 2nd 09, 09:37 PM posted to alt.arts.poetry.comments,rec.photo.digital,rec.arts.poems,rec.video.desktop,alt.thebird.hippie
John Williamson

Default Doo-Nanny folk art festival video (ripping & burning DVD)

Will Dockery wrote:
A DVD was finally delivered to my friend McGuire, who is a pro with
computers, sound, et cetera (he pressed & produced my last CD album,
"Shadowville Speedway", in fact. He assumed that like with dozens of
other video discs, he'd burn everybody copies, after putting the files
on his machine. The files won't copy, no matter what tricks he
tried... and he knows a /few/. The DVD will play, but there seems to
be a real block to copying it... making it useless to us in that form,
of course. In frustration, McGuire actually turned the disc over to me
and said "See what you can do with it, I give up."

Of course, I haven't had a lot of luck with it, besides sitting and
watching the contents.

Do you think that Nero is the answer for me?

Probably not. It seems that there is some form of copy protection on it.

If the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders can be opened and read using
Explorer, then you *may* be able to copy the VOB files, otherwise search
for "DVD copy protection removal" without the quotes. There are two or
three different programs available which don't get a great amount of
publicity, as it's against the law to use them in many countries. The
trial versions are free, then you pay for the full version.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.