When does colour insult your senses?

Old September 28th 07, 03:27 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-MAC

Default When does colour insult your senses?

So... Colour is what we work with. The images we take are flavoured by the
colours they contain (BW aside).

When then, is so much colour, too much colour?
http://www.weddingsnportraits.com.au/POD/04-09-07.htm

Doug

Old September 28th 07, 02:02 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Sep 27, 10:27 pm, "D-Mac" wrote:
So... Colour is what we work with. The images we take are flavoured by the
colours they contain (BW aside).

When then, is so much colour, too much colour?http://www.weddingsnportraits.com.au/POD/04-09-07.htm

Doug

Dang! Doug. Now that was nice. I could hang this one on a wall and not
get tired of it. With my monitor I see no blown highlites and the
blacks are deep and have some detail. The positioning of the
colors(yup, yank spelling) draws the eye around the image and back
again to look even deeper into the image.
I don't know if this was a "found" image or if you worked on getting
the flowers in this pattern. Either way, well done.

Draco

Enjoy today. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Old September 28th 07, 03:34 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

On Sep 28, 12:27 pm, "D-Mac" wrote:
So... Colour is what we work with. The images we take are flavoured by the
colours they contain (BW aside).

When then, is so much colour, too much colour?http://www.weddingsnportraits.com.au/POD/04-09-07.htm

Nice. But can you try to rotate it 180 degrees?
It feels like the tulips are "upside down", I'd
very much like to see it the other way round
to see if it "works" better that way.

Old September 28th 07, 06:50 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Sep 28, 10:34 am, Noons wrote:
On Sep 28, 12:27 pm, "D-Mac" wrote:

So... Colour is what we work with. The images we take are flavoured by the
colours they contain (BW aside).

When then, is so much colour, too much colour?http://www.weddingsnportraits.com.au/POD/04-09-07.htm

Nice. But can you try to rotate it 180 degrees?
It feels like the tulips are "upside down", I'd
very much like to see it the other way round
to see if it "works" better that way.

I see what you are saying and I agree with you. Turning the image 180
would make the image not look like it was going to fall out of the
frame. But the again, Doug may have done it that way to give a bit of
motion and make the viewer look more into the flowers and not just the
colors.

But then it is Dougs image and not mine. So no matter, it is still a
very well done image.

Old September 28th 07, 10:04 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-MAC

"Draco" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 28, 10:34 am, Noons wrote:
On Sep 28, 12:27 pm, "D-Mac" wrote:

[...]

Ha, LOL. Maybe after being exposed to 1000 watt studio lights for half an
hour the tulips were the first give up!

Doug

Old September 29th 07, 03:45 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
El Barto

D-Mac wrote:
So... Colour is what we work with. The images we take are flavoured by the
colours they contain (BW aside).

When then, is so much colour, too much colour?
http://www.weddingsnportraits.com.au/POD/04-09-07.htm

Doug

Actually Doug, I like it, nice and bright, well presented and nice
composition.
But then I have always been a sucker for bright colours.

--
Annika1980: How does it feel to be the usual retard responsible for many
of them?