Jesspos: Kodak have anounced the end of Kodachrome

Old September 19th 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
RobertL

Default Jesspos: Kodak have anounced the end of Kodachrome

Jessops just rang me to say that they cannot supply my recent order
for Kodachroime 200. "the manufacturers have informed us that this
product is no longer being made".

is this the long expected end of Kodachrome?

Robert

Old September 19th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Toni Nikkanen

RobertL writes:

Jessops just rang me to say that they cannot supply my recent order
for Kodachroime 200. "the manufacturers have informed us that this
product is no longer being made".

I thought it's been discontinued ages ago, was I wrong?

Old September 19th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Toni Nikkanen

With "it" I mean KC 200 of course.
Old September 19th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

RobertL wrote:
Jessops just rang me to say that they cannot supply my recent order
for Kodachroime 200. "the manufacturers have informed us that this
product is no longer being made".

is this the long expected end of Kodachrome?

Per the Kodak page, K-chrome 64 is still supported, though I'm not sure
of the difference between "PKR" and "KR". Web searches suggest the "P"
KR is a professional version, but I'm not really sure.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...22.14.11&lc=en

KODACHROME 64 (PKR)
KODACHROME 64 (KR)

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old September 19th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Polson

RobertL wrote:

Jessops just rang me to say that they cannot supply my recent order
for Kodachroime 200. "the manufacturers have informed us that this
product is no longer being made".

is this the long expected end of Kodachrome?

Kodachrome 200 was discontinued lat year.

Kodachrome 64 is still available. For those of us in Europe, it is
now sent to the USA for processing although we still get to send it to
Switzerland or Germany as before.

Some of mine have been mailed back from the USA but my last batch of
Kodachrome 64 slides were all posted back from Switzerland, but were
obviously developed in the USA, with card mounts and a card case.

Old September 19th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"RobertL" wrote

Jessops just rang me to say that they cannot supply my recent order
for Kodachroime 200. "the manufacturers have informed us that this
product is no longer being made".

K64 is still available, and TTBOMK still being produced.

I'm a bit surprised that K200 hung on after K25 was axed. It may
be Kodak had a few freezers full of K200 and K25 and the K25 freezer
emptied first.

Why axe K25 instead of K64 is a mystery to me.

If it were up to me, the last two films being made would be
Tech Pan and K25.

I think K64's demise is inevitable. I shoot it as my
main film but I am sure I am in a very small minority
who does.

The unwashed masses stopped taking slides when Kodak got
Kodacolor prints to work. Slide film lived on because it
was the film for media and stock photography. Now that
99.9% of media/stock photographers use digital there isn't
any real market for slide film except for iconoclasts and
a few technical markets.

I haven't shot 64. I used to shoot 25 but that was a couple decade ago.

Maybe time to order a brick of 64.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old September 19th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Nicholas O. Lindan

"RobertL" wrote

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm

Old September 19th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
I haven't shot 64. I used to shoot 25 but that was a couple decade ago.

Maybe time to order a brick of 64.

Yeah.....the problem is, when the film goes away, the processing labs will
go away too. Right now, there is only one left on this continent......

Old September 19th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Frank ess

RobertL wrote:
Jessops just rang me to say that they cannot supply my recent order
for Kodachroime 200. "the manufacturers have informed us that this
product is no longer being made".

is this the long expected end of Kodachrome?

Sounds as if we're edging toward the end of any good reason to keep
all that 35mm equipment ...

--
Frank ess

Old September 20th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeffery Small

RobertL wrote:

Jessops just rang me to say that they cannot supply my recent order for
Kodachroime 200. "the manufacturers have informed us that this product is
no longer being made".

This got me thinking. I have 9 rolls of KL-200/36 in the plastic cylinders
that have mostly been kept in the freezer, along with 9 of the PK-36 prepaid
mailers. If anyone is interested in this, contact me and make an offer.

Jeff

C. Jeffery Small CJSA LLC 206-232-3338
7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA 98040