[SI] Postcard is in the mail

Old July 12th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Wilba[_2_]

Default Postcard is in the mail [rp]

Annika1980 wrote:
Wilba wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

the SI version was cut to US Postal Service Postcard Standard
proportions (max).

Wow, that's dedication to getting the details right. :-)

They don't call him Anal Browne for nothin.

They do? (Who are "they"?) :-)

Old July 12th 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jul 11, 10:40 pm, "Wilba" wrote:

Wow, that's dedication to getting the details right. :-)

They don't call him Anal Browne for nothin.

They do? (Who are "they"?) :-)

Well, me mostly.

Old July 12th 07, 08:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
julian

On Jul 12, 2:17 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
On Jul 11, 10:40 pm, "Wilba" wrote:

Wow, that's dedication to getting the details right. :-)
They don't call him Anal Browne for nothin.

They do? (Who are "they"?) :-)

Well, me mostly.

No one of any importance then!

Old July 12th 07, 11:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jul 11, 10:40 pm, "Wilba" wrote:

Wow, that's dedication to getting the details right. :-)
They don't call him Anal Browne for nothin.

They do? (Who are "they"?) :-)

Well, me mostly.

No one of any importance then!

"No one of any importance then!"

Whenever YOU say that, it is proof positive that the person is of
great importance.

Old July 12th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
michelo

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 11, 10:40 pm, "Wilba" wrote:

Wow, that's dedication to getting the details right. :-)
They don't call him Anal Browne for nothin.

They do? (Who are "they"?) :-)

Well, me mostly.

Oh no! Not another weirdo with many personalities. How many are you exactly?

Michel

Old July 12th 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
michelo

Default [SI] Postcard is in the mail

"Wilba" wrote in message

Wilba ("Albany ~ All The Same Crap As Everywhere Else!"): it was fun
driving around town looking for symbols of exploitation by nasty big
companies. It may have been this all-the-same-crap idea that inspired the
challenge, rather than the other way around. I think this one would get
noticed on the postcard rack.

Great work, this one stands out as a postcard. All I could find, which is
minor, is that the McDonald's sign is not as clean as the others, shadows
and reflections on the sign and electrical wires in the background.

Michel

Old July 12th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jul 12, 7:46 am, "michelo" wrote:

They do? (Who are "they"?) :-)

Well, me mostly.

Oh no! Not another weirdo with many personalities. How many are you exactly?

Well to confess, there are only 3 of us here.
(1) Browne plays himself and Helen
(2) you
(3) and I'm everybody else.

Old July 13th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Wilba[_2_]

michelo wrote:
Wilba wrote:

Wilba ("Albany ~ All The Same Crap As Everywhere Else!"): it was fun
driving around town looking for symbols of exploitation by nasty big
companies. It may have been this all-the-same-crap idea that inspired the
challenge, rather than the other way around. I think this one would get
noticed on the postcard rack.

Great work, this one stands out as a postcard.

Thanks very much. I'm glad you like it.

All I could find, which is minor, is that the McDonald's sign is not as
clean
as the others, shadows and reflections on the sign and electrical wires in
the background.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I started out cleaning up the wires, and then I
thought, ah crap, that's what it looks like out there, and it fits with the
crap theme if at least one image look crappy. I hope that seagull crapped
all over the sign as well.

Old July 13th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Wilba[_2_]

Annika1980 wrote:
Wilba wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:
Wilba wrote:

Wow, that's dedication to getting the details right. :-)

They don't call him Anal Browne for nothin.

They do? (Who are "they"?) :-)

Well, me mostly.

Fair enough. What don't they call you for nothing?

Old July 13th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

wrote:

Thanks Alan, yes it's me who is ill. Time will help me.

Time wounds all heels. Sorry, time heal all wounds.

Or you die. Get right with Jesus or Buddah or Bob the garbageman.

It's an awesome shot.

Aw shucks, blush... but I really do mean it is too popped out as
prsented for the theme of the SI ... or your monitor/eyesight is dim.

What I meant about seeing this shot in black
and white was actually on a neg. and then a print. The beauty of a
Hasselblad is the interchangeable magazines. Along with colour I
would have also shot it in a fine grain black and white film.

Do you know how much a fricking Hasselblad film back costs? I can
change film (at the end of a roll of course) in about 2 minutes without
rushing. I ain't never going to Arches to shoot B&W. Not gonna happen.

Hasselblad backs? Even used they want fortunes. And that's without the
digital. I've shot about 12 - 15 rolls of film on the 'blad per year
over the past two years. 2 of those were B&W and I haven't developed
one of them... Justifying another back is way back behind another lens
for the beast. (I have three and I just need *one* more, promise).

OTOH, I did order a lens for the Minolta/K-M/Sony bodies that I can't
wait to shoot ... film with.

Cheers,
Alan.

--