[SI] Postcard is in the mail

Old July 10th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default [SI] Postcard is in the mail

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/postcard

Old July 10th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Default Postcard is in the mail

On Jul 10, 7:45 am, JimKramer wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/postcard

I thought everyone met the Mandate perfectly. Some stunning images
that are both humorous and creative. My personal faves Bret's, Alan
Browne and Jim's. I'm partial to birds, but it's the way the pic is
exposed and the bright colors. Lots of detail and very sharp. The
Blue and Gold Macaw wins it. I found Alan's work stunning. The
colors are magnificent. Crisp detail. I know I'll be reprimanded for
saying it, but I'd love to see this shot in black and white as well.
The lines, tones shapes would be gorgeous! Jim's postcard is
beautiful. I love the colors in the sky, and the dark mountain just
seems to bring that out. To everyone: wonderful work!
Sorry I didn't participate due to illness.
Helen

Old July 10th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Jul 10, 7:45 am, JimKramer wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/postcard

Good work by all.

Brett: Well done Macaw. Sharp, Bright colors. Plenty of space for
script.

Wliba: When I first saw it I was thinking Albany, NY., USA. hehe Very
funny.

Mark L: Memories of a bad vacation? Funny.

Doug: Nice capture of the action and fun of the location. I would have
deepened the sky a bit more to give it more dramantic look.

Al: A sad commentary on the state of the community. I hope it is used
for a fund raising to get that center back on track.

Alan: Great shot of the high desert. Plenty of room for script.

Paul: On my screen it appears to be a bit flat. The colors don't jump
up off the page. Good angle of view and plenty of room for script.
Justneeded a bit more color. IMHO

Bowser: Nice colors. I like the way you have the script flowing along
the bottom and the color match to the house.

Jim K: Very nice mountain shot. If you could have waited for the sun
to have set and deepened the color of the sky a bit more. I think the
image would have been even better. Or even PS the sky a bit to inrich
it some more.
Again IMHO.

Everyone did a great job with this and I have no real reason to snipe
or complain about anyone else work. To all of you, keep up the great
work and never quit.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Doing better does.

Old July 10th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Draco wrote:

On Jul 10, 7:45 am, JimKramer wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/postcard

Good work by all.

Brett: Well done Macaw. Sharp, Bright colors. Plenty of space for
script.

Wliba: When I first saw it I was thinking Albany, NY., USA. hehe Very
funny.

Mark L: Memories of a bad vacation? Funny.

Doug: Nice capture of the action and fun of the location. I would have
deepened the sky a bit more to give it more dramantic look.

Al: A sad commentary on the state of the community. I hope it is used
for a fund raising to get that center back on track.

Alan: Great shot of the high desert. Plenty of room for script.

Paul: On my screen it appears to be a bit flat. The colors don't jump
up off the page. Good angle of view and plenty of room for script.
Justneeded a bit more color. IMHO

Well, I liked the soft look but here's a punchier version:
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/North/clear-lake/cabin/2007-07-06/full-set&PG=1&PIC=5

Here's a late entry for a Halloween postcard:
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/Peninsula/2007-07-08-ano-nuevo&PG=2&PIC=9
a bit soft at 840mm with stacked teleconverters but fun to play...

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://www.edgehill.net/1
Old July 10th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Paul Furman wrote:

Here's a late entry for a Halloween postcard:
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/Peninsula/2007-07-08-ano-nuevo&PG=2&PIC=9

a bit soft at 840mm with stacked teleconverters but fun to play...

Make that 560mm
Old July 10th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Paul Furman" wrote

http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/Peninsula/2007-07-08-ano-nuevo&PG=2&PIC=9

I prefer the fish:

http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php...evo&PG=2&PIC=8

Highly recommended:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci...6_5396,00.html

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm

Old July 10th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

"Paul Furman" wrote

http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/Peninsula/2007-07-08-ano-nuevo&PG=2&PIC=9

I prefer the fish:

http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php...evo&PG=2&PIC=8

Highly recommended:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci...6_5396,00.html

Ah, Monkfish, thanks... it was BIG.

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://www.edgehill.net/1
Old July 10th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Walter Banks

Paul Furman wrote:

Here's a late entry for a Halloween postcard:
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/Peninsula/2007-07-08-ano-nuevo&PG=2&PIC=9
a bit soft at 840mm with stacked teleconverters but fun to play...

Great ocean front location house needs work. Plenty of local wildlife. Great Pic

Old July 10th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Wilba[_2_]

Draco wrote:

Wilba: When I first saw it I was thinking Albany, NY., USA. hehe Very
funny.

Thanks. I think it was this idea that inspired the challenge, rather than
the other way around.

Oh, and if you don't want to offend the locals, in Western Australia it's
al-ba-nee (like album), rather than all-ba-nee (like albeit).

Old July 11th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jul 10, 11:07 am, wrote:
On Jul 10, 7:45 am, JimKramer wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/postcard

I thought everyone met the Mandate perfectly. Some stunning images
that are both humorous and creative. My personal faves Bret's, Alan
Browne and Jim's. I'm partial to birds, but it's the way the pic is
exposed and the bright colors. Lots of detail and very sharp. The
Blue and Gold Macaw wins it.

I never was happy with the way the colors came out with that shot.
Here's one I like a bit better taken with (are you sitting down?) the
Totally Analog Fabulous EOS-1V.

The Fabulous EOS-1V is hard to beat if you are willing to take the
hours and hours to get a decent scan from it.
Note to Ken, Hickey, and Rocha: I tried that pic in B&W and it looks
like crap.

Oh yeah, I liked Wilba's postcard the best.
Alan's was nice as well, but it looks like a little too much magenta
tint in the sky for my taste.