Picture AND News of the day all in one 19th June.

Old June 19th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

Default Picture AND News of the day all in one 19th June.

How's that for combinations?
Today (tomorrow for some) you get a double dose of my warped sense of
humor in the one link!
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/19-06-07.htm

You gotta chuckle now and then, or you forget how, eh?

Old June 19th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Troy Piggins[_2_]

["Followup-To:" header set to aus.photo.]
* Ryadia is quoted & my replies are inline below :
How's that for combinations?
Today (tomorrow for some) you get a double dose of my warped sense of
humor in the one link!
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/19-06-07.htm

You gotta chuckle now and then, or you forget how, eh?

Good grief Douglas. Do you even want people to look at your
pics?

--
Troy Piggins
Old June 19th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

On Jun 18, 9:59 pm, Ryadia wrote:

You gotta chuckle now and then, or you forget how, eh?

Then I know you'll get a good guffaw out of these:

D-Mac on his new boat:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/79794737

D-Mac's pal, Julian:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/80785102

Another of D-Mac:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/80785628

Old June 19th 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Vintage Monk

Ryadia wrote:
How's that for combinations?
Today (tomorrow for some) you get a double dose of my warped sense of
humor in the one link!
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/19-06-07.htm

You gotta chuckle now and then, or you forget how, eh?

For someone that carried on about being bullied you sure like to provoke
them.

Old June 19th 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Vintage Monk

Annika1980 wrote:
On Jun 18, 9:59 pm, Ryadia wrote:
You gotta chuckle now and then, or you forget how, eh?

Then I know you'll get a good guffaw out of these:

D-Mac on his new boat:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/79794737

D-Mac's pal, Julian:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/80785102

Another of D-Mac:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/80785628

Thanks for that, I just got someone the funniest looks in the office
from laughing out loud. The first two I got a good laugh at, the boat
one is a keeper.
Old June 19th 07, 07:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

"Vintage Monk" wrote in message
Annika1980 wrote:
On Jun 18, 9:59 pm, Ryadia wrote:
You gotta chuckle now and then, or you forget how, eh?

Then I know you'll get a good guffaw out of these:

D-Mac on his new boat:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/79794737

D-Mac's pal, Julian:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/80785102

Another of D-Mac:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/80785628

Thanks for that, I just got someone the funniest looks in the office from
laughing out loud. The first two I got a good laugh at, the boat one is a
keeper.

So you use your work computer for Usenet play, do you?

Old June 19th 07, 08:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Pete D[_2_]

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 18, 9:59 pm, Ryadia wrote:

You gotta chuckle now and then, or you forget how, eh?

Then I know you'll get a good guffaw out of these:

D-Mac on his new boat:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/79794737

D-Mac's pal, Julian:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/80785102

Another of D-Mac:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/80785628

Mongrel, ya made me spit coffee everywhere. ;-)

Old June 19th 07, 08:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

"Pete D" wrote in message

Mongrel, ya made me spit coffee everywhere. ;-)

Uh Huh! Another busted Killfile, eh?

This is the rambling idiot who not 2 days ago posted in Aus.Photo
"Once more I have kifiled Doug's latest aliases..."

WOW! Not a record but none the less totally predictable.

Douglas

Old June 19th 07, 09:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

On Jun 18, 9:59 pm, Ryadia wrote:

You gotta chuckle now and then, or you forget how, eh?

Then I know you'll get a good guffaw out of these:

D-Mac on his new boat:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/79794737

D-Mac's pal, Julian:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/80785102

Another of D-Mac:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/80785628

Mongrel, ya made me spit coffee everywhere. ;-)

Uh Huh! Another busted Killfile, eh?

This is the rambling idiot who not 2 days ago posted in Aus.Photo
"Once more I have kifiled (sic) Doug's latest aliases..."

Old June 19th 07, 10:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

On Jun 19, 11:59 am, Ryadia wrote:
How's that for combinations?
Today (tomorrow for some) you get a double dose of my warped sense of
humor in the one link!http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/19-06-07.htm

You gotta chuckle now and then, or you forget how, eh?

I'll leave others to comment (there already seems to be a clear
consensus..!) on the content. I'll stick to the image and the
presentation.

Firstly, the image:
Quite good. Although ruined of course by all the 'funny' text.
Interesting composition - the slanting shoreline works well, but the
half obscured bird is unfortunate. Good-ish colour but a slight
tendency to drift towards cyan-blue. Contrast about right, if a
little excessive with a few minor areas of blocked blacks - some
people of course like that style, sort of '1-hour-kiosk-esque'..

Now for the text...

"Today's new 19th June 2007"
The apostrophe-s after 'today' must be either a contraction of 'is',
or possessive.
Today is new 19th June 2007? Makes no sense.
Today owns new 19th June 2007? Makes less. There's a literacy
problem here - a missing word perhaps? Missing words in titles or
headlines generally are a *very* clear indicator of the competency of
the author.

"Douglas... His usual position"
The lack of a full stop is probably passable as it is clearly a phrase
rather than a full sentence, and use of a capital after an ellipsis is
OK, but of course you need to be consistent... Note the contrast of
the letters as you read on...

"Annika1980... looking for a better camera angle"
Should have used a capital L here, or not used capitalisation above.
Like I said, *consistency*... But why on earth is the contrast so
different? The background is lighter than the others, yet he posted
lighter, less contrasty text. The result is that it looks somewhat
lost, particularly odd and very amateurish, not like a professional at
all...

"The Mark twins one can't keep his mouth shut the other squared off
and no one to fight"
Oh dear, now we have lost both the capital *and* the ellipsis, so it
looks like we have someone here who is really struggling with the
concept of consistency. I'll give some credit, for the second phrase
contains one of Douglas' few correct uses of an apostrophe (bravo!!),
and it is even grammatically complete*, but the third? Oh dear. We
are missing a *verb*, Douglas.

Now going a bit off topic.

The second phrase "one can't keep his mouth shut" is interesting, for
this seems to refer to someone Douglas stated had just 12 hours left
to apologise, "before your world turn (sic) red". That was about..
hmm, let me check...

Yes, that was about *3 days* ago. Is that person still posting, I
wonder, and has he apologised? Is his world red?

Competence, consistency and credibility oft go hand in hand.

(O;