Compact Flash Speed differences

Old July 28th 04, 03:31 PM
John

Default Compact Flash Speed differences

Can anyone advise me what is the speed of a 32 Mb (FC-32MH) Compact Flash
card that is supplied with the latest Canon Ixus 5 Megapixel camera? The
card has "high speed" written on it but doesn't say what speed. I notice
that Lexar has a card they say is "4X" and others up to (I think) 40X but I
want to make sure that if I get one it will match the spec of the camera -
i.e. no point in paying top dollar for a super speed job if the camera won't
support the additional speed. On the other hand, I am happy with the FC-32MH
speed and don't want to buy a card that is slower than it - just more
capacity.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Old July 29th 04, 01:53 AM
Paul J Gans

John wrote:
Can anyone advise me what is the speed of a 32 Mb (FC-32MH) Compact Flash
card that is supplied with the latest Canon Ixus 5 Megapixel camera? The
card has "high speed" written on it but doesn't say what speed. I notice
that Lexar has a card they say is "4X" and others up to (I think) 40X but I
want to make sure that if I get one it will match the spec of the camera -
i.e. no point in paying top dollar for a super speed job if the camera won't
support the additional speed. On the other hand, I am happy with the FC-32MH
speed and don't want to buy a card that is slower than it - just more
capacity.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can make use of the extra speed by buying a stand-alone
card reader. These usually attach to a USB port. In many
cases they are a good bit faster than the camera at download.

---- Paul J. Gans