Easily start up and market a profitable photography business

Old November 4th 06, 12:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
[email protected]

Default Easily start up and market a profitable photography business

The best things about having your own Photography Business is the
freedom to start work when you choose, finish the day when it suits,
attend your children's school functions, meet someone for lunch etc.
You can structure your day the way you see fit and the work is
interesting and enjoyable. Your camera and bag can stay in the car and
your home becomes your office. It doesn't matter whether you use
traditional or digital cameras, this e-book applies to both. You just
get better and better at taking photos. If you enjoy taking photos,
then starting your own photography business makes sense, doesn't it?!
You now need to know how to make it profitable and earn a decent income
from it. Let me make it very clear that this information is only going
to be useful to you if you have a passion for photography. You don't
have to be an award winning photographer, just keen. You must enjoy
photography for this to be successful for you. If you're just looking
for a job doing something different, I don't recommend you read any
further.
Make sure that when you are old enough to earn a living, try to make it
something you enjoy and in which you have an interest - then you'll do
a good job & you'll be happy for a lot longer!
Unfortunately, I didn't take heed until much later in life but you
don't have to wait that long and if you have, then it's never, ever
too late to change.
Some of my greatest loves and joys in life have come from photography.
You can grasp today and store the moment for a long time, you can
create joy and interest for others, (be it weddings, a newborn child,
sport, school photos, family treasures, photojournalism, nature and
educational areas etc.). This very passion for memories and the
continual proud moments millions of people have, ensures the future of
photography. It's a safe career, it's interesting, always changing and
it can be very, very lucrative. "The sky is the limit", as they
say. If you enjoy photography, don't settle for anything less!
http://photobizao.blogspot.com/#

Old November 4th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Jean-David Beyer

wrote:
The best things about having your own Photography Business is the
freedom to start work when you choose, finish the day when it suits,
attend your children's school functions, meet someone for lunch etc.

Yeah! Right! But what if your customer wants you to start work earlier, skip
lunch, and work later than you choose? Or he will get a photographer who
will! As for school functions, unscheduled ones such as your child being
sick in the middle of a photo-shoot with expensive auxiliary staff (models,
art directors, etc.) _will_ happen and too bad for the shoot and your
reputation, unless you can get someone else to deal with the kid. And, by
Murphy's Law, your wife will be at work 60 miles away.

You can structure your day the way you see fit and the work is
interesting and enjoyable.

Sure, if you are independently wealthy. Otherwise you have to structure your
day to suit the clients' requirements.

Your camera and bag can stay in the car

Spoiling the film in the hot sun, and risk of theft. BTW, if you are a
professional, there will surely be more than one camera in there. Probably a
studio flash system, etc.

and
your home becomes your office. It doesn't matter whether you use
traditional or digital cameras, this e-book applies to both. You just
get better and better at taking photos.

Taking photos is only part of running a photographic business. Managing a
business is a very large part and most photographers do not like it. If you
are very successful, your business manager takes care part of this and your
office manager takes care of the rest. But they must be paid from the
revenue of the business.

If you enjoy taking photos,
then starting your own photography business makes sense, doesn't it?!

Not likely. You would want to do a business plan and some market research.
These days anyone with a 35 mm camera (digital and analog) with
interchangeable lenses, or even one zoom lens and living at home rent-free
with his mother can call himself a photographer. You will be competing with
them, and most clients are looking for the lowest bidder.

[...]

Sure is. Just ask Robert Capa.

it's interesting, always changing and
it can be very, very lucrative. "The sky is the limit", as they
say. If you enjoy photography, don't settle for anything less!
http://photobizao.blogspot.com/#

^^-^^ 13:00:01 up 14 days, 15:28, 4 users, load average: 4.33, 4.22, 4.19
Old November 4th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Nicholas O. Lindan

wrote:

Oh this jerk gets better with every reading ...

Roberto burns writes: [photography] can be very,
very lucrative. [Buy my book that tells you how]
http://photobizao.blogspot.com/

So lucrative Mr. Burns can't afford a web site
of his own?

So who is this "Roberto Burns"?

From Google:

"Two FBI agents work a deal with drug addict
Roberto Burns ..."

"InternationalSexGuide - Tampico. Originally posted by
Roberto Burns ..."

Maybe he is just fictional:

"This is the latest [book] in a series about brothers, Antonio
and Roberto Burns. Antonio is a cop and Roberto is a
convicted felon. Two FBI agents have talked to them ..."

An excerpt:
"Go tell him it's Roberto Burns. Before I come down
there and stick that rifle up your ass."

Roberto Burns ... "The sky is the limit", as they say

And if you see him, tell the FBI -- they may be looking ...

Old November 7th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
wsrphoto

wrote:
The best things about having your own Photography Business is...

Why no author printed on the book on the Website? Why no names anywhere
on the Website and pages? If you're accomplished photographers, why not
say who your are? Why do I suspect they earn more money from the book
than from any photography since they don't have a commercial
photography Website or have any identifiable customers, only their book
on the business side of photography, all of which is already published
information by known photographers? And their Website is registered as:

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (
http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: PROFITABLE-PHOTOGRAPHY.COM
Created on: 18-Jan-05
Expires on: 18-Jan-07
Last Updated on: 31-Jan-06

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration

Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599

And Domiansbyproxy.com is itself as the registered owner.

Save your money on this book and buy a good book on the photography
business at any good bookstore or search the Web for on-line Websites
on the photography business, actual photographers giving real-world
experience.

Old November 16th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
babelfish

What a moron. I've been doing this as a profession for over thirty years and
my father was in the business before me, so my personal experience goes
pretty far back. I know hundreds of professionals personally since I run a
pro lab. The most successful photographers I know all have other forms of
income because the business can't support them. It's tough and demanding
work with long hours if you're serious about it and the financial rewards
just aren't there to make it worthwhile. I'm serious when I say that it's a
lot less effort to become a doctor and there'd be far more free time in your
week if you did.

john

oups.com...

Old November 24th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Art Reitsch

On a field trip led by a youngish guy (early-thirties) who was just
starting his photo business I asked this question: what percent of your
time do you spend seeking and shooting photographs compared with doing
business? His reply: 10%.
Art R.