Digital Insert

Old March 10th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Digital Insert

Who makes an insert that would fit into the film compartment of your camera so that it will convert a 35mm into a digital?

If no one does, I get royalties for thinking it up when they do. I have thousands of dollars (like so many of you) worth of lens, cameras and equipment. And it would be nice to be able to use them with digital capabilities.

;0)

Ted
Old March 10th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

The problem is, as an inventor you need to research past work on the
topic, and also consider *all* the likely diifficulties.

Examine this:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0209/02...nfilmagain.asp

NOTE THE DATES.

and this:

http://www.side.com/

- and then bear in mind that this site, in pretty much the same form,
has been around for many years. Nothing has ever shown up, and it
never will, because they either haven't found solutions to all the
problems, or more simply - they know it won't work and just want more
suckers to invest in a myth.

Google 'silicon film'. It's a bit of a well-known joke...

Old March 10th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Ted Clore wrote:

Who makes an insert that would fit into the film compartment of your
camera so that it will convert a 35mm into a digital?

If no one does, I get royalties for thinking it up when they do. I have
thousands of dollars (like so many of you) worth of lens, cameras and
equipment. And it would be nice to be able to use them with digital
capabilities.

It's been done, but couldn't make it to market.

http://www.side.com/
Old March 10th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Leica! http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte...l/index_e.html
Old March 11th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Ted Clore" wrote in message et...
Who makes an insert that would fit into the film compartment of your camera so that it will convert a 35mm into a digital?

If no one does, I get royalties for thinking it up when they do. I have thousands of dollars (like so many of you) worth of lens, cameras and equipment. And it would be nice to be able to use them with digital capabilities.

;0)

Ted

I think someone thought of it already....But I believe that it still has good potential. - I think it should include a camera back that would have an lcd screen. Then you would pretty well have a complete conversion kit that changes your film camera into a digital one. Changing the backs on most top of the line film cameras is possible, so the conversion shouldn't be all that difficult. - At least mechanically. Interfacing the digital electronics with the camera's current film transport electronics might be a different matter........