Which correction plug-in for RB67 37mm?

Old October 17th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
michelo

Default Which correction plug-in for RB67 37mm?

Which plug-in or program would work well to correct the distortion of a
Mamiya RB67 37 mm fisheye lens?

Michel

Old October 18th 07, 01:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
michelo

"sivananda" wrote in message
In article , "michelo"
wrote:

Which plug-in or program would work well to correct the distortion of a
Mamiya RB67 37 mm fisheye lens?

Michel

Hmm, I suppose that Photoshop's built-in pinch and spherize might do
some rudimentary changes, but the best way to "correct" the distortion
of a fisheye is to not use one. In the Hasselblad universe I would use
the 30mm/3.5 if I wanted a fisheye; if I didn't I would use the 40mm/4
rectilinear.

Just a thought.

sivananda

--
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti

I agree with you. I already have the 50mm, which I like a lot. But I was
wondering if it would be possible to make a double usage of a 37mm, as a
fisheye and rectilinear ultra wide angle. There is some plug-in existing
like Fisheye-Hemi or Proxel Lens Corrector, but I have no idea if you can
get a realy good image out of them.

Michel

Old October 18th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Toni Nikkanen

PTLens seems to be popular in some circles, maybe you could try that?