[SI] - Mandate - Grace

Old October 21st 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default [SI] - Mandate - Grace

Peter Chant wrote:
Doug Payne wrote:

We need a really weird mandate... something like... "bacon".

Too Canadian, eh

Canadian?

I seem to recal that the US has different ideas about bacon compared to the
UK.

I found the eggs and bacon in the UK to different in taste and texture
than in the US/Canada. The UK yolks were a darker/richer yellow and
tasted richer (yolkier, so to speak) and felt thicker. The bacon was
cut thicker and not as salty as here (IIRC).

Cheers,
Alan
-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old October 21st 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default - Mandate - Grace

JimKramer wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

Would you care to post that at rpd and rpd.slr-systems? (Per John
McWilliams).

There is someone stopping you from doing that?

As it's my mandate it would appear to be self promotion and I get enough
flak as it is...
Old October 21st 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

wrote:
JimKramer wrote:

The next new mandate is...
Grace
From Alan Browne

Due November 7, 2006

Alas, Mr. Browne did not grace us with an explanation, so to maintain
our good graces with him we must endeavor with grace, to produce a
state of grace or some thing of grace in a graceful manner as depicted
in an image. So please grace us with your submissions to grace. And
I, of course, will be graceful if you enter your submissions in a
timely manner.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/grace

The other open mandate - Timing - is due October 24, 2006

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/timing

As always
the Rulz and instructions on submitting images are available at

http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

Very interesting Mandate, Jim. I like it.
Helen

Actually "Graceful timing" would be even better...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old October 21st 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

wrote:
JimKramer wrote:

wrote:

JimKramer wrote:

The next new mandate is...
Grace
From Alan Browne
Due November 7, 2006

Alas, Mr. Browne did not grace us with an explanation, so to maintain
our good graces with him we must endeavor with grace, to produce a
state of grace or some thing of grace in a graceful manner as depicted
in an image. So please grace us with your submissions to grace. And
I, of course, will be graceful if you enter your submissions in a
timely manner.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/grace

The other open mandate - Timing - is due October 24, 2006

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/timing

As always
the Rulz and instructions on submitting images are available at

http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

Very interesting Mandate, Jim. I like it.
Helen

You should thank Alan, not I...

Thanks Alan. Sounds like a great Mandate. I'm eager to see everyone's
interpretation of "Grace".

Me too. Franky I haven't the foggiest idea what to do yet...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old October 23rd 06, 12:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
michelo

"JimKramer" wrote in message
oups.com...

TheDave© wrote:
JimKramer wrote:
The next new mandate is...
Grace

We need a really weird mandate... something like... "bacon".

:-p

No fears, one of mine is bound to come up some time, but it will be
hard to beat "Tabletop"
:-)

There was nothing wrong with "Tabletop". And you got 19 entries with it.

Michel

Old October 23rd 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

michelo wrote:
"JimKramer" wrote in message
oups.com...

TheDave© wrote:
JimKramer wrote:
The next new mandate is...
Grace

We need a really weird mandate... something like... "bacon".

:-p

No fears, one of mine is bound to come up some time, but it will be
hard to beat "Tabletop"
:-)

There was nothing wrong with "Tabletop". And you got 19 entries with it.

Michel

Actually I thought it was a great mandate, even if it was mine. Very
open to creative interpretation, yet a clear and concise goal around a
common theme. Now having said that; in the grand scheme of the SI
mandate world it was just a bit weird. Not unlike myself. :-)

Looking forward to seeing some more submissions from you.
Jim

Old October 23rd 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Nadvornick

"JimKramer" wrote:

Looking forward to seeing some more submissions from you.

Same here. I always enjoyed 'michelo's' entries.

Ken