[SI] Come and get it.

Old July 20th 13, 03:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PhotoPhartz

Default [SI] Outdoor Cooking - The Duck comments

Savageduck wrote in

PhotoPhartz:
1: Nice capture of a community holiday cookout in the park, or
wherever that shore side location is. I just wonder if you might have
found a slightly different position, or isolate the central group who
seem to be actively engaged in the art of outdoor cooking.

The three guys right of center were the cooks. The group over to the left
had multiple instruments and were playing music. There was so much going
on spread over a wide area it was hard to decide and get a nice capture of
specific stuff. I had some other angles and shots. Just settled on the
where's Waldo masses of everything type shot.

2: ...and there they are, actively engaged in the art of outdoor
cooking

Yeah.

3: Nice burger, plus detail insert. That is a first for
the SI.

Whoa! I better be careful. Thanks for commenting.

--

Pat

email: phartzATcoxDOTnet
Old July 20th 13, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
otter

On 7/19/2013 6:55 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Otter:
1: I expected nothing less than one of your local joints, but just
how much actual outdoor cooking do they do there?
2: Now you're cookin' !! Chicken, brisket, sausage, & something
unidentifiable, all looking very tempting.
3: The meat looks good, but Rudy needs to get a better supplier of
bread. That bread looks unappealing.

The cell phone probably didn't do it justice.

I forget the brand, but it is actually pretty good. Plain old white
bread, fresh and tender. Calories with no redeeming features other than
taste.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/rudys-countr...bar-b-q-austin

You can gas up the car there, too.

Old July 20th 13, 09:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Bowser

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 16:55:45 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking

Bowser:
1: There it is. Perhaps the only thing to improve that scenario would
be to have you holding it through a window with the rain pouring down
outside.

I owe you one. Very much appreciate the suggestion. ;-)

2: Aah! A New England Summer.

Yeah, it's either 95F or pouring this year. Weird summer. I blame
Bush.

3: Fourth of July cookout. The perfect way to spend the day, family
friends, and burgers.

True enough. Lots of people, lots of kids, lots of food. A great
combination.
Old July 20th 13, 09:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Bowser

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 02:09:56 +0000 (UTC), PhotoPhartz
wrote:

[...]

Yeah. God forbid someone here gets creative. It could mean doom for us
all. ;-)
Old July 20th 13, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-07-20 13:35:25 -0700, otter said:

On 7/19/2013 6:55 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Otter:
1: I expected nothing less than one of your local joints, but just
how much actual outdoor cooking do they do there?
2: Now you're cookin' !! Chicken, brisket, sausage, & something
unidentifiable, all looking very tempting.
3: The meat looks good, but Rudy needs to get a better supplier of
bread. That bread looks unappealing.

The cell phone probably didn't do it justice.

I forget the brand, but it is actually pretty good. Plain old white
bread, fresh and tender. Calories with no redeeming features other
than taste.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/rudys-countr...bar-b-q-austin

You can gas up the car there, too.

I haven't eaten "plain old white bread" or as I call it "Killer mush"
for over 40 years now. That stuff is so riddled with preservatives it
will appear "fresh and tender" when it is 3 months old, and it has
questionable nutritional value.

....but if that is what you enjoy, go right ahead.

Savageduck

Old July 20th 13, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking

Bowser:
1: There it is. Perhaps the only thing to improve that scenario would
be to have you holding it through a window with the rain pouring down
outside.

I owe you one. Very much appreciate the suggestion. ;-)

2: Aah! A New England Summer.

Yeah, it's either 95F or pouring this year. Weird summer. I blame
Bush.

He wouldn't know he had actually done anything, place the blame where
it belongs with Cheney, Rove & Company.

Old July 20th 13, 11:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
otter

On 7/20/2013 4:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On 2013-07-20 13:35:25 -0700, otter said:

[...]

It's a Texas BBQ thing. All the BBQ places here do the same thing. I
don't eat white bread otherwise, but it is traditional.

Old July 21st 13, 12:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
George Kerby

On 7/20/13 4:50 PM, in article
2013072014501488124-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"

On 2013-07-20 13:35:25 -0700, otter said:

[...]

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...alds-hamburger
-still-looking-good.html

Old July 21st 13, 12:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-07-20 13:35:25 -0700, otter said:

[...]

Out here at BBQs you are mostly going to find sour-dough bread.

Savageduck

Old July 21st 13, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-07-20 13:35:25 -0700, otter said:

[...]

....but looking edible after 12 years, and having the experimenter
actually eat it are two very different things. I note there was only a
smell test, with questionable results, no taste test. ;-)

Personally, when it comes to fast food burgers, my preference lies with
In-N-Out Burgers over Mickie D.

Savageduck