bonding with your dog

Old February 17th 09, 03:06 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

Default bonding with your dog

wrote in message
Here are some simple tools for establishing a life long bond
with your
dog:

What the hell has this to do with photography?

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA

Old February 17th 09, 04:40 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message
m...

wrote in message
Here are some simple tools for establishing a life long bond with your
dog:

What the hell has this to do with photography?

Well, as I've indicated, a seeing eye dog - especially one very well
trained - would be invaluable in the darkroom....particularly, I would
think, the color darkroom. Of course, you would have to shave all its fur
off before any darkroom session so as to mitigate against any wayward fur
landing on the paper during the exposure.

Old February 17th 09, 01:42 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
otzi

Chain it to your gear bag when under the cloth. Then he can pull the cart.
I actually started off with this idea but gave it up pretty soon as far to
much effort!
otzi

Old February 17th 09, 07:43 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Ken Hart1

wrote in message
Here are some simple tools for establishing a life long bond with your
dog:

What the hell has this to do with photography?

Well, as I've indicated, a seeing eye dog - especially one very well
trained - would be invaluable in the darkroom....particularly, I would
think, the color darkroom. Of course, you would have to shave all its fur
off before any darkroom session so as to mitigate against any wayward fur
landing on the paper during the exposure.

Do 'seeing eye dogs' have some special sight that allows them to see in
total darkness? I find my way around the darkroom by remembering where I put
everything. I have found that a second being (human or animal) that can move
independently causes problems, as I have no way of knowing where that
'thing' will be. I would also be concerned about the chemicals in the
darkroom, especially a color darkroom. Some of the chems may have a smell
that dogs would find attractive or that might irritate them.

While I do enjoy the company of a loyal, well-trained dog, I'm afraid I must
echo Richard K's question: "What the hell has this to do with photography?".
If I had a dog, I think that I would first train him to stay out of the
darkroom.

Old February 17th 09, 08:29 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Henry(k)

Dnia Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:43:07 GMT, Ken Hart1 napisal:

If I had a dog, I think that I would first train him to stay out of the
darkroom.

I spent today a few hours in darkroom and it was nice when my dog came from
time to time to check what I'm doing. But this with fur is true - it's
everywhere ;-)

From the other point of view - his fur is perfect to test lenses
resolution. And because he is dark brown I can also check if I don't
underexpose shadows. ;-)

Greetings
Henry
Old February 17th 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lawrence Akutagawa

wrote in message
[...]

dunno - you need to go ask original poster your questions. Given his marked
silence on this issue, my observations are my best guesses as to the
appropriateness of dogs in the darkroom. Perhaps you have better ideas than
I do as to this issue!