Wedding - which 35mm films to use

Old October 3rd 04, 01:47 AM
Gregory Blank

If I was him (glad I am not). I would be more careful what I wished
for.

In article ,
Marc 182 wrote:

I wish they would take safety warning labels off of things and allow
the idiots of the world to kill themselves.

THAT snobbery.

Marc

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old October 3rd 04, 03:03 AM
The Wogster

William Graham wrote:
"zeitgeist" wrote in message

Two of my friends are getting married. They don't have the funds to

hire a photographer so they were just going to put disposable cameras
around and use those photos. They asked me to take a few shots. By
chance I have studio equipment (Photogenic PowerLights®, Photogenic
PhotoMaster). I was planning to take some posed shots with my studio
lights before the ceremony. The want a shot coming down the aisle and
just two or three during the ceremony. I can use flash when the are
coming down the aisle but not during the ceremony. I don't know what
the lighting situation is in the church.

I was planning on taking Portra 100NC for the posed shots, coming down
the aisle, and some candid shots at the reception. I was thinking
Portra 400NC or Porta 800 for during the ceremony. I was also
thinking a roll of Reala.

They know to take what the get since I am not a professional. Without
me, they will not have much of anything so...

I will be traveling 250 miles the day before and I may not have access
to refrigeration. Any thoughts?

refrigeration is not that critical, do you think they ship it across the
country through deserts and the plains in refrigerated trucks? I think

not.

I do think they use air conditioned trucks, however. I know that I used to
repair office machinery at Berkovitch cigars in Oakland. they were a
middleman for candy bars and cigarettes and film. They had a nice air
conditioned warehouse for all their goodies before they shipped them out in
local trucks and vans to the local stores. I think car air conditioning is
good enough for film.....

I work for a courier company, and neither the delivery trucks or freight
trailers are air-conditioned or refridgerated, so the film is probably
okay, for a day or two, here and there......

Old October 3rd 04, 03:03 PM
Mathias Schmid

"Donald Qualls" schrieb

Posed shots are commonly done after the ceremony, from what I've read (a
practice probably related to the superstition about it being bad luck
for the groom to see the bride in her wedding dress prior to the actual
ceremony), but I have no personal experience.

if I was to take a guess, then I'd say after the ceremony is better
since the couple will be a lot more relaxed after the "official" part is
over. They'll be beaming and happy, not anxious and nervous, but
that's just a guess from my side.

---

Old October 3rd 04, 03:43 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Mathias Schmid
wrote:

if I was to take a guess, then I'd say after the ceremony is better
since the couple will be a lot more relaxed after the "official" part is
over. They'll be beaming and happy, not anxious and nervous, but
that's just a guess from my side.

Great idea! The people will look tired and haggard...everybody is in
an hurry to get drunk at the reception...the flowers are a bit
wilted...yeah...do 'em afterwards.
Old October 3rd 04, 06:34 PM
Gregory Blank

I do some of both, for the Bride and Groom seperately
I do individual portraits. As well Bride with family and Bridesmaids
before hand. Likewise with the Groom. After the ceremony I do the
alter returns, any groups that could not be done before hand
and the Bride and groom together. Most people I photographer
do not want the Groom or Bride to see each other before hand.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old October 3rd 04, 06:37 PM
Gregory Blank

I think you were the sweaty haggard one, holding all that
expensive Hasselblad gear. Come on now admit it, was really you
that was in a hurry to get drunk.

In article ,

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old October 4th 04, 12:11 AM
Randall Ainsworth

Gregory Blank wrote:

I think you were the sweaty haggard one, holding all that
expensive Hasselblad gear. Come on now admit it, was really you
that was in a hurry to get drunk.

It was on a tripod most of the time and I do not consume adult
beverages.
Old October 4th 04, 12:11 AM
Randall Ainsworth

Gregory Blank wrote:

I do some of both, for the Bride and Groom seperately
I do individual portraits. As well Bride with family and Bridesmaids
before hand. Likewise with the Groom. After the ceremony I do the
alter returns, any groups that could not be done before hand
and the Bride and groom together. Most people I photographer
do not want the Groom or Bride to see each other before hand.

You tactfully explain that by doing the formals ahead of the time, they
will look better and can enjoy their reception with friends and
relatives instead of being continually hassled by a photographer.
Old October 4th 04, 02:43 AM
Gregory Blank

Two rules I have and follow without fail, never drink alcohol and
drive,and never drink alcohol while working.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918