Now THIS is what I call a pose...

Old June 3rd 07, 07:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

Default Now THIS is what I call a pose...

Now if Skip Middleton could just get his nudie beauties to strike this
pose...he'd be in business!

Here's the same little female--with the most expressive face I've ever seen
on a wild animal:

The above shots were both taken at 1000 ISO using the 1D Mark III.

The following was shot at **2000 ISO**, but you'd NEVER guess that to look
at the original.

It was quite dark, as I didn't get to the area until nearly 7:30PM, and also
very overcast. I used a bit of fill flash from the 580EX II. The 1D3 made
shooting at high ISO truly worry-free. So far, its high ISO performance has
been amazing. It is *at least* as good as my 5D, which most would agree has
the lowest noise at high ISO of any camera yet made...

I see good things ahead for this new body...

-MarkČ
www.pbase.com/markuson

Old June 3rd 07, 09:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck

MarkČ wrote:

Now if Skip Middleton could just get his nudie beauties to strike this
pose...he'd be in business!

Here's the same little female--with the most expressive face I've ever seen
on a wild animal:

The above shots were both taken at 1000 ISO using the 1D Mark III.

The following was shot at **2000 ISO**, but you'd NEVER guess that to look
at the original.

It was quite dark, as I didn't get to the area until nearly 7:30PM, and also
very overcast. I used a bit of fill flash from the 580EX II. The 1D3 made
shooting at high ISO truly worry-free. So far, its high ISO performance has
been amazing. It is *at least* as good as my 5D, which most would agree has
the lowest noise at high ISO of any camera yet made...

I see good things ahead for this new body...

-MarkČ

I think they were just hypnotized by that massive Cyclopsian eye staring
at them
The 500mm and the 1D3 are working just fine and should serve you well on
that African trip.

'duck
Old June 3rd 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jun 3, 4:07 am, Savageduck wrote:

The 500mm and the 1D3 are working just fine and should serve you well on
that African trip.

PW, I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but .... I HATE YOU!

Old June 3rd 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jer

MarkČ wrote:

Now if Skip Middleton could just get his nudie beauties to strike this
pose...he'd be in business!

Here's the same little female--with the most expressive face I've ever seen
on a wild animal:

The above shots were both taken at 1000 ISO using the 1D Mark III.

The following was shot at **2000 ISO**, but you'd NEVER guess that to look
at the original.

It was quite dark, as I didn't get to the area until nearly 7:30PM, and also
very overcast. I used a bit of fill flash from the 580EX II. The 1D3 made
shooting at high ISO truly worry-free. So far, its high ISO performance has
been amazing. It is *at least* as good as my 5D, which most would agree has
the lowest noise at high ISO of any camera yet made...

I see good things ahead for this new body...

-MarkČ

My wife could use a new coat... has anybody seen my biggo baseball bat?

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Old June 3rd 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

MarkČ wrote:

It was quite dark, as I didn't get to the area until nearly 7:30PM, and also
very overcast.

The ISO and exposure put you at about 4.5 stops from sunny-16 ... so
indeed quite nice for the ISO. Can you post a 100% crop of a detail and
detail-less area?

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old June 3rd 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Allen

MarkČ wrote:

Now if Skip Middleton could just get his nudie beauties to strike this
pose...he'd be in business!

Here's the same little female--with the most expressive face I've ever seen
on a wild animal:

The above shots were both taken at 1000 ISO using the 1D Mark III.

The following was shot at **2000 ISO**, but you'd NEVER guess that to look
at the original.

It was quite dark, as I didn't get to the area until nearly 7:30PM, and also
very overcast. I used a bit of fill flash from the 580EX II. The 1D3 made
shooting at high ISO truly worry-free. So far, its high ISO performance has
been amazing. It is *at least* as good as my 5D, which most would agree has
the lowest noise at high ISO of any camera yet made...

I see good things ahead for this new body...

-MarkČ

I could tell that the second shot has taken at high ISO, but so what!
They are both excellent pictures that you can be proud of. I am
irritated by all the postings in this ng about how horrible "noise" is.
I remember the good old days when the 4x5 and even 8x10 nuts bitched and
moaned about the grain in 35mm pictures. It's all about content and
interest, not about scrutinizing images with magnifying glasses or
microscopes. And there are even some old biddies who say that Monet,
Renoir and the other Impressionists couldn't paint because of the lack
of microscopic detail. Ansel Adams was a great photographer, but so was
Cartier-Bresson.
Allen
Old June 3rd 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jun 3, 8:44 am, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
The 500mm and the 1D3 are working just fine and should serve you
well on that African trip.

PW, I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but .... I HATE YOU!

Why? You saved enough pocket change on your copy of CS3 to put a nice down
payment on a Mk III.

Rita

And ironically, PW doesn't even use CS3.
I guess he's tapped out after spending over $10K on that combo.

Old June 3rd 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jun 3, 2:44 am, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number

on a wild animal:http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/79856449/original

at the original.http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/79856450/original

It was quite dark, as I didn't get to the area until nearly 7:30PM, and also
very overcast. I used a bit of fill flash from the 580EX II. The 1D3 made
shooting at high ISO truly worry-free. So far, its high ISO performance has
been amazing. It is *at least* as good as my 5D, which most would agree has
the lowest noise at high ISO of any camera yet made...

I see good things ahead for this new body...

-MarkČ
www.pbase.com/markuson

Awesome shots!
Truly an amazing camera Mark!
Congrats and I hope it gives you years and years of pleasure.
BTW: A friend of mine said "I hate you!" LOL.
Helen

Old June 3rd 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jun 3, 8:54 am, Jer wrote:
MarkČ wrote:

[...]

Speaking of which, the one thing that makes me ashamed of being a
Canadian is the seal hunt that occurs.
Helen

Old June 3rd 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck

wrote:
On Jun 3, 2:44 am, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number

Awesome shots!
Truly an amazing camera Mark!
Congrats and I hope it gives you years and years of pleasure.
BTW: A friend of mine said "I hate you!" LOL.
Helen

All other feuds aside, I think that was a humorous expression of big
lens jealousy on Brett's part. The shots were great.
'duck