hiding jpeg data

Old September 14th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
STEVE

Default hiding jpeg data

I want to email some jpegs to a friend but don't want all the info about
the camera, its settings, the date etc sent with it! How do I strip this
information off the image? I have Photoshop 6 and Irfanview but neithre of
them seem to be able to do this.

Old September 14th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Adrian Boliston

steve wrote:

I want to email some jpegs to a friend but don't want all the info
about the camera, its settings, the date etc sent with it! How do I
strip this information off the image? I have Photoshop 6 and
Irfanview but neithre of them seem to be able to do this.

In Irfanview have you tried unticking the "keep original exif data" box
under jpeg save options?

Old September 14th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mark Roberts

steve wrote:

I want to email some jpegs to a friend but don't want all the info about
the camera, its settings, the date etc sent with it! How do I strip this
information off the image? I have Photoshop 6 and Irfanview but neithre of
them seem to be able to do this.

More recent versions of Photoshop have a "Save for Web" option that
strips out all metadata. I don't know if Photoshop 6 includes this. If
it doesn't, you *can* use IrfanView: Open the file, choose "Save As"
and when you choose JPEG as an output format you'll get a extra dialog
box with JPEG options. Besides the usual quality setting there are a
few check boxes, one of which is "Keep original EXIF Data"; uncheck
that box and save.

You can also use a program like EXIF Editor to just remove or change
the EXIF data. http://www.kiwiczech.net/index.php?menu=353&sub=4

--
Mark Roberts Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com

Old September 14th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Deep Reset

"steve" wrote in message
I want to email some jpegs to a friend but don't want all the info about
the camera, its settings, the date etc sent with it! How do I strip this
information off the image? I have Photoshop 6 and Irfanview but neithre of
them seem to be able to do this.

Photoshop's "Save for web" does it for me.

HTH

Deep.

Old September 14th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
STEVE

"Mark Roberts" wrote
.. If
it doesn't, you *can* use IrfanView: Open the file, choose "Save As"
and when you choose JPEG as an output format you'll get a extra dialog
box with JPEG options. Besides the usual quality setting there are a
few check boxes, one of which is "Keep original EXIF Data"; uncheck
that box and save.

You can also use a program like EXIF Editor to just remove or change
the EXIF data. http://www.kiwiczech.net/index.php?menu=353&sub=4

--
Mark Roberts Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com
412-687-2835

Cheers, this did the job.

Old September 20th 07, 11:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim

On 2007-09-14 15:39:07 -0400, "steve" said:

I want to email some jpegs to a friend but don't want all the info about
the camera, its settings, the date etc sent with it! How do I strip this
information off the image? I have Photoshop 6 and Irfanview but neithre of
them seem to be able to do this.

You could simply edit the data. replace with blanks and save it.
--
Jim