Canon 40d question..

Old September 8th 07, 12:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
the_niner_nation

Default Canon 40d question..

Read a lot of favourable remarks about the Canon 40d, but as of yet, I can't
find anywhere or anyone who makes a comment about * picture qulity * of this
camera.

Can anyone tell me if this camera has significantly * better * Picture
quality * output than the Canon 400d?????

We all want different things from our photography kit, and to me, picture
quality is the most important..if the pq on the 40d IS *significantly*
better than the 400d, then I might well upgrade to it.

Old September 8th 07, 12:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
cmyk

From the specs, it looks like both cameras might use the same sensor - they've got the same physical size and number of pixels. This
wasn't the case with the previous iterations.

Cheers
--
cmyk

Old September 8th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dimitris M

The picture quality should be similar, almost equal. The differences are in
handling, specs, dedicated knobs for better access and more functions. If
you use the 40D as a point and shoot, then the 400D takes better pictures.
The extra functions that 40D have can help your creativity, if you know what
you do, if you know how to manually adjust some factors.

If you want a real step in picture quality, then go for a 5D

--
Dimitris M

Ο "the_niner_nation" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
.. .

Old September 8th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
the_niner_nation

"Dimitris M" wrote in message
The picture quality should be similar, almost equal. The differences are
in handling, specs, dedicated knobs for better access and more functions.
If you use the 40D as a point and shoot, then the 400D takes better
pictures. The extra functions that 40D have can help your creativity, if
you know what you do, if you know how to manually adjust some factors.

If you want a real step in picture quality, then go for a 5D

--
Dimitris M

The 5d was a consideration for me as well, and I am more inclined to lean
towards getting that than a 40d, and use my 400d as a back-up/ second body.

Old September 8th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Just Shoot Me

"the_niner_nation" wrote in message
.. .
Read a lot of favourable remarks about the Canon 40d, but as of yet, I
can't find anywhere or anyone who makes a comment about * picture qulity *
of this camera.

Can anyone tell me if this camera has significantly * better * Picture
quality * output than the Canon 400d?????

We all want different things from our photography kit, and to me, picture
quality is the most important..if the pq on the 40d IS *significantly*
better than the 400d, then I might well upgrade to it.

I would be happy to post a few pics but with my skill level it wouldn't tell
you much.

Old September 8th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
the_niner_nation

"Just Shoot Me" wrote in message

"the_niner_nation" wrote in message
.. .
Read a lot of favourable remarks about the Canon 40d, but as of yet, I
can't find anywhere or anyone who makes a comment about * picture qulity
* of this camera.

Can anyone tell me if this camera has significantly * better * Picture
quality * output than the Canon 400d?????

We all want different things from our photography kit, and to me, picture
quality is the most important..if the pq on the 40d IS *significantly*
better than the 400d, then I might well upgrade to it.

I would be happy to post a few pics but with my skill level it wouldn't
tell you much.

heyt hats a really kind offer...bear in mind, im very new to this too so im
sure your skill level isn't an issue for me :-)

remove the obvious for my email!!

Old September 9th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Just Shoot Me

"Just Shoot Me" wrote in message

I would be happy to post a few pics but with my skill level it wouldn't
tell you much.

"the_niner_nation" wrote in message
.. .

heyt hats a really kind offer...bear in mind, im very new to this too so
im sure your skill level isn't an issue for me :-)

remove the obvious for my email!!

I don't know what to remove from your email .
give me a day or 2 more to mess around.

Old September 9th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Gino[_2_]

Maybe it's not so much about picture quality, but a body that allows you
more functions to get the picture you want?

Maybe you should look at your lens choice instead.

Old September 9th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
the_niner_nation

"Gino" wrote in message
Maybe it's not so much about picture quality, but a body that allows you
more functions to get the picture you want?

Maybe you should look at your lens choice instead.

I have a 28-135 mm IS lens,a 18-55 mm kit lens , a 70-200 mm F4 L lens and a
50 mm f1.8 lens, so I think im ok with lenses, all of the lenses I have give
reasonable to outstanding IQ.

It's utterly pointless for me to invest in a 40d if it's going to give
pretty much the same IQ as my 400d just because some of the 'nice to haves'
are on the camera, thus making the 5d a more suitable choice of upgrade.