1.4 billion pixel camera

Old September 5th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gino[_2_]

Default 1.4 billion pixel camera

I don't have a dust problem on my 20D and never have. Not sure where you
are coming from.

"DustBunny" wrote in message

Why all the worry? Every DSLR owner that's ever posted to this news-group
constantly assures EVERYONE that dust on their DSLR sensors is NEVER a
problem!
They're so smart, and helpful that way. You really need to start listening
their reputable advice, they would never tell bald-faced lies to anyone
about
their cameras. They'll even tell you how reputable and smart they are.

They wouldn't lie, would they? After all, what motive could they possibly
have
to tell a blatant lie? Only someone that was self-deluded could do
something
like that.

:-)

Old September 5th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Thomas T. Veldhouse

DustBunny wrote:
They're so smart, and helpful that way. You really need to start listening to
their reputable advice, they would never tell bald-faced lies to anyone about
their cameras. They'll even tell you how reputable and smart they are.

They wouldn't lie, would they? After all, what motive could they possibly have
to tell a blatant lie? Only someone that was self-deluded could do something
like that.

:-)

Thomas T. Veldhouse

We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from the
machinations of the wicked.

Old September 6th 07, 08:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

"DustBunny" wrote in message

Why all the worry? Every DSLR owner that's ever posted to this news-group
constantly assures EVERYONE that dust on their DSLR sensors is NEVER a
problem!
They're so smart, and helpful that way. You really need to start
listening to
their reputable advice, they would never tell bald-faced lies to
anyone about
their cameras. They'll even tell you how reputable and smart they are.

They wouldn't lie, would they? After all, what motive could they
possibly have
to tell a blatant lie? Only someone that was self-deluded could do
something
like that.

:-)

Maybe a dusty climate, and maybe he changes lenses several timed daily.
Sure, if you change lenses twice a year, and do so in a clean-room,
then you probably won't ever have a dust problem. Try it in a
sandstorm, three times in one day, and you WILL have a problem. So, the
fact that YOU have never had a dust problem is really a bit irrelevant.
Old September 6th 07, 08:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carl Neil Ellwood

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 18:47:56 +0100, Gino wrote:

I don't have a dust problem on my 20D and never have. Not sure where you
are coming from.

My camera is a 350D and I find that dust is less of a problem than with
film cameras (remember tramlines?) and have only had one speck of dust to
clean so far touch wood.

--
Neil
Old September 6th 07, 09:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 02:47:07 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:

"DustBunny" wrote in message

. . .
I don't have a dust problem on my 20D and never have. Not sure where
you are coming from.

. . .
Maybe a dusty climate, and maybe he changes lenses several timed daily.

He comes from the drawer that contains all of the other socks and
sock puppets. Ten to one odds says that the "DustBunny" name didn't
exist until hours after this thread's OP was sent. With any luck
it'll quickly return to the dust from which it came.

Old September 11th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Rich wrote:

On Sep 4, 7:23 pm, wrote:
http://space.newscientist.com/articl...dId=online-new...

Guaranteed those are grade-A CCDs from either Kodak or Dalsa and NOT
the cheap Japanese or Korean CMOS stuff found in consumer cameras.

Hello, Rich:

Kodak reigns supreme, in the high tech sector! g

Cordially,
John Turco