FZ-10 Batteries/Charger

Old June 5th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Grumpy AuContraire

Default FZ-10 Batteries/Charger

I have reason to suspect that my charger is going belly up or that all
my batteries are sufferin' the same fate.

Any suggestions on reliable replacements?

JT

Old June 5th 07, 09:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
David J Taylor[_2_]

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
I have reason to suspect that my charger is going belly up or that all
my batteries are sufferin' the same fate.

Any suggestions on reliable replacements?

JT

Panasonic batteries are widely available from reputable sources. What
country are you in?

If these are Li-ion batteries be aware that the lfe (used or not) is
around three years. If all your batteires are about the same age, perhaps
that's what you are seeing?

Cheers,
David

Old June 5th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Grumpy AuContraire

David J Taylor wrote:

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

I have reason to suspect that my charger is going belly up or that all
my batteries are sufferin' the same fate.

Any suggestions on reliable replacements?

JT

Panasonic batteries are widely available from reputable sources. What
country are you in?

If these are Li-ion batteries be aware that the lfe (used or not) is
around three years. If all your batteires are about the same age, perhaps
that's what you are seeing?

Cheers,
David

I'm in Austin, Texas and bought the camera used about two or three years
ago. Shortly after purchasing the camera, I bought two additional
batteries on eBay. I've perhaps made a thousand exposures since then and
regularly rotated the batteries so that I would be ready at a moment's
notice. I doubt if any of the three batteries were recharged more than
ten times apiece.

About six months ago, I noticed that a couple of these batteries were
"swelling" and fitting becoming "snug." One of these is now "dead."

I like the camera but the proprietory batteries are a drag. My old
Olympus D-460 (which I still have) used the long life batteries that
lasted a couple of years. I hate having to recharge and keeping track
of the panasonic units.

JT

Old June 5th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
David J Taylor[_2_]

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
[]
I'm in Austin, Texas and bought the camera used about two or three
years ago. Shortly after purchasing the camera, I bought two
additional batteries on eBay. I've perhaps made a thousand exposures
since then and regularly rotated the batteries so that I would be
ready at a moment's notice. I doubt if any of the three batteries
were recharged more than ten times apiece.

About six months ago, I noticed that a couple of these batteries were
"swelling" and fitting becoming "snug." One of these is now "dead."

I like the camera but the proprietory batteries are a drag. My old
Olympus D-460 (which I still have) used the long life batteries that
lasted a couple of years. I hate having to recharge and keeping track
of the panasonic units.

JT

OK, JT, I can't recommend any US suppliers as I don't have any knowledge
of them.

If the batteries are near three years old, they may be coming to the end
of their life. The number of recharge times doesn't matter (as long as
it's less than about 300 - 500). I don't like the "swelling" - I would
send those back.

Batteries are a personal thing, but there's no way I would go back to
multiple AA cells rolling about all over the place when changing! I much
prefer the single-part Li-ion approach.

Cheers,
David

Old June 5th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Grumpy AuContraire

David J Taylor wrote:
Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
[]

[...]

My old Olympus D-460 takes four (AA I think) batteries or you can buy
long life (two required) Batteries for about $9 each at Fry's. These
last for approximately two years - No fuss No muss.

I need to replace these as the old camera still works fine and is great
to just keep in the car.

I guess I'll just have to get some extra of the proprietary ones for the
FZ-10.

I agree that penlight rechargables are a PIA!

JT

Old June 6th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
William Hathaway via PhotoKB.com

I generally buy my batteries from the batterybarn.com

Old July 4th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Grumpy AuContraire

Default FZ-10 Batteries/Charger - Update

David J Taylor wrote:

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
[]

[...]

Thanks David... I ended up buying four aftermarket batteries on eBay
for less than $30. To date, I have used only one which is still holding
a charge. I did charge to capacity all when I received them.

Hopefully, I'm set for at least a couple of years...

JT

Old July 7th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
measekite

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

David J Taylor wrote:

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
[]

[...]

I can understand that one slim battery is easier and from that
standpoint more desireable like the one I have in my logitech mouse.
But replacing (in a camera like a Canon S5) a set of 4 (stored in a
fitted plastic holder) every 400 shots or so is not really that big a
deal. You can get these in many stores, are less expensive, and you can
get many major brands without having to rely on who knows who makes it
or when they are going to explode.

Old July 8th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Lew

measekite wrote:

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

David J Taylor wrote:

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
[]

[...]

I had the problem of short life and poor recharge with two batteries for
my Canon I bought on eBay two years ago. I don't recall the supplier. I
think they must not have been Lithium. The label said "For Canon", but
did not say Lithium. I have had good luck with Battery Barn for
batteries for my two year old FZ-30 and Canon rebels.