A camera with a sensor bigger than 8 by 10 inches??!!

Old May 1st 18, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

Default A camera with a sensor bigger than 8 by 10 inches??!!

On 5/1/2018 9:41 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 14:31:54 UTC+1, Neil wrote:
On 5/1/2018 5:05 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:

And your TG-4 will outperfom camera where you want to take pictures in a swimming pool.

The problem is that you don't know what the TG-4 is or is capable of and
you let your uninformed notions of it drive your opinions.

No that isnlt me that is you, you've no idea what the large formate camera can do , so you diss it and try to claim that whatever it can do you can do better with the TG-4

Yes, that IS you. We wouldn't be having this discussion if it were about
*any* "large format camera", as I have years of experience with MUCH
larger format cameras than this particular one (recall the 24" process
camera). So, once again, if you think its low-resolution sensor will
produce better prints than a higher resolution camera with smaller
sensor, it's time for you to ante up and give some objective examples of
it. I suspect you'll instead fall back on more of your uninformed notions.

--
best regards,

Neil
Old May 1st 18, 05:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Neil
wrote:

And your TG-4 will outperfom camera where you want to take pictures in a
swimming pool.

The problem is that you don't know what the TG-4 is or is capable of and
you let your uninformed notions of it drive your opinions.

The TG-4 will produce better prints of most subjects than that
low-resolution 8x10,

post links to an objective test.

which is the ONLY reason for comparing it; the math
is indisputable.

it's very disputable.

Our different opinions are the result of my using provable, objective
facts vs. your uninformed impressions of the TG-4.

except there is no proof of any sort since nobody has done a side by
side comparison of those two cameras.
Old May 1st 18, 05:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Neil
wrote:

[...]

cellphone cameras versus slrs.

just because one camera has a higher resolution than another doesn't
mean it will produce better results.
Old May 1st 18, 08:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

On 5/1/2018 12:38 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Neil
wrote:

[...]

I was not generalizing. Take a look at the camera in the original topic.

--
best regards,

Neil
Old May 1st 18, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

On 5/1/2018 11:59 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 16:34:53 UTC+1, Neil wrote:
On 5/1/2018 9:41 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 14:31:54 UTC+1, Neil wrote:
On 5/1/2018 5:05 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:

And your TG-4 will outperfom camera where you want to take pictures in a swimming pool.

The problem is that you don't know what the TG-4 is or is capable of and
you let your uninformed notions of it drive your opinions.

No that isnlt me that is you, you've no idea what the large formate camera can do , so you diss it and try to claim that whatever it can do you can do better with the TG-4

Yes, that IS you. We wouldn't be having this discussion if it were about
*any* "large format camera", as I have years of experience with MUCH
larger format cameras than this particular one (recall the 24" process
camera).

So yuo should know better then couldnlt yuor TG-4 do what the 24" process camera could do ?

Neither can the 8x10 under discussion, so why did you bring it up except
to introduce yet another of your straw men?

So, once again, if you think its low-resolution sensor will
produce better prints

WTF do yuo mean by better prints ?

You don't know what a print is?

than a higher resolution camera with smaller
sensor, it's time for you to ante up and give some objective examples of
it.

and you'll continue to talk ****.

I suspect you'll instead fall back on more of your uninformed notions.

And, you proved me right yet again...

--
best regards,

Neil
Old May 1st 18, 09:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Neil
wrote:

So, once again, if you think its low-resolution sensor will
produce better prints

WTF do yuo mean by better prints ?

You don't know what a print is?

he likely means what do you mean by 'better', not what a print is.

better is subjective. what *you* consider better is not necessarily
what others might consider better.
Old May 1st 18, 10:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

On 5/1/2018 4:44 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Neil
wrote:

So, once again, if you think its low-resolution sensor will
produce better prints

WTF do yuo mean by better prints ?

You don't know what a print is?

he likely means what do you mean by 'better', not what a print is.

So, now you're his interpreter?

better is subjective. what *you* consider better is not necessarily
what others might consider better.

I was very specific in the parameters of the prints, which are GENERALLY
considered "better" by those who make prints. Go back and read it, as
I'm not interested in your straw men, either.
--
best regards,

Neil
Old May 2nd 18, 02:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

On 5/2/2018 5:13 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 22:17:05 UTC+1, Neil wrote:
I was very specific in the parameters of the prints,

what prints at what size and what is better about them ?

I already went through that and you even replied to it, so perhaps you
should go back and re-read it.

which are GENERALLY
considered "better"

consider by who and in what way ?

Same answer for you as for nospam, below.

Old May 2nd 18, 02:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Neil
wrote:

So, once again, if you think its low-resolution sensor will
produce better prints

WTF do yuo mean by better prints ?

You don't know what a print is?

he likely means what do you mean by 'better', not what a print is.

So, now you're his interpreter?

there's no need for an interpreter. it's quite clear what he meant, and
his response confirms it.

better is subjective. what *you* consider better is not necessarily
what others might consider better.

I was very specific in the parameters of the prints, which are GENERALLY
considered "better" by those who make prints. Go back and read it, as
I'm not interested in your straw men, either.

there is no straw man.
Old May 2nd 18, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

On 5/2/2018 9:35 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Neil
wrote:

nospam wrote:
better is subjective. what *you* consider better is not necessarily
what others might consider better.

I was very specific in the parameters of the prints, which are GENERALLY
considered "better" by those who make prints. Go back and read it, as
I'm not interested in your straw men, either.

there is no straw man.

The straw man is your claim that I was referring to what I think is
better, when that has nothing to do with the specific issue I posed.

You can answer your implied question yourself: which print will better
represent a subject, a lower or higher resolution one? If you claim
"lower" please explain, as I've never been able to sell my clients on
that notion.

--
best regards,

Neil