Windows 10 Experience

Old September 1st 15, 01:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Windows 10 Experience

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I like my Windows background color a light tan. When I looked at a demo
of Win10, nobody could show me how to get into the advanced
personalization settings, to change the color. Yes I know i can
personalize that setting for some of the apps I use, but doing them one
at a time is a real PITA.

then you asked the wrong people.

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-to-change-windows-10-wallpaper
1 Right-click your desktop and select Personalize
2 You have a choice in using a Picture, Solid Color or a Slideshow.
Select Picture if you simply want to make an image as your
wallpaper.
3 There are five recent images you can choose from. You can also tap
or click the Browse button to select a photo from your computer.
4 Under the Browse button, there's an option on how to fit the image
to your desktop because not all wallpapers have the same size or
aspect ratio. You can choose from Fill, Fit, Stretch, Tile,
Center, or Span. You can play with these options to see which one
works best, but Fill should work for most people.
Old September 1st 15, 01:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I have a friend who MUST have the latest widget. He has three apple
watches, IIRC one of them has the titanium band.

there is no titanium band.

Now there are Smart watches with no phone required.

not very many because battery life truly sucks if the tiny battery in a
watch has to power a cellular radio.

another thing you got wrong is that no phone is required for an apple
watch other than the initial pairing and setup. it can do a number of
things without a phone and a many more in a couple of weeks with the
next version of the os.
Old September 1st 15, 02:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

| another thing you got wrong is that no phone is required for an apple
| watch other than the initial pairing and setup. it can do a number of
| things without a phone and a many more in a couple of weeks with the
| next version of the os.

I'm green with envy. I simply must try
that. OK, here's my 1,000 bucks. Let's
give it a whirl....

Calling Dick Tracy... Calling Dick Tracy...

Hmm. My super duper Apple watch doesn't
seem to be working. It can tell me my heart
rate but won't call Dick Tracy. Do you
suppose he uses an Android?

Old September 1st 15, 02:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/1/2015 8:14 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

That is the right answer to the wrong question. I am talking about the
background color of my working window. Not the wallpaper for the desktop.

thank you anyway

--
PeterN
Old September 1st 15, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

I have a friend who MUST have the latest widget. He has three apple
watches, IIRC one of them has the titanium band.

there is no titanium band.

Stainless steel band.
He said it cost almost 10k

Now there are Smart watches with no phone required.

not very many because battery life truly sucks if the tiny battery in a
watch has to power a cellular radio.

another thing you got wrong is that no phone is required for an apple
watch other than the initial pairing and setup. it can do a number of
things without a phone and a many more in a couple of weeks with the
next version of the os.

I didn't get it wrong. They were specifically talking about a smart
watch, with a battery that lasts over 24 hrs, that can be used as cell
phone. I agree that battery life is an issue, but there could be new
technology.

--
PeterN
Old September 1st 15, 02:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/1/2015 9:07 AM, Mayayana wrote:
| another thing you got wrong is that no phone is required for an apple
| watch other than the initial pairing and setup. it can do a number of
| things without a phone and a many more in a couple of weeks with the
| next version of the os.

I'm green with envy. I simply must try
that. OK, here's my 1,000 bucks. Let's
give it a whirl....

Calling Dick Tracy... Calling Dick Tracy...

Hmm. My super duper Apple watch doesn't
seem to be working. It can tell me my heart
rate but won't call Dick Tracy. Do you
suppose he uses an Android?

A must have.

http://smartgear-us.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

--
PeterN
Old September 1st 15, 02:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

| Calling Dick Tracy... Calling Dick Tracy...
|
| If you put our Apple watch on or around your ********
| you can certainly trace your dick remotely.

If it has a vibrate function that may well
be worth the investment.

Old September 1st 15, 02:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/1/2015 9:50 AM, Mayayana wrote:
| Calling Dick Tracy... Calling Dick Tracy...
|
| If you put our Apple watch on or around your ********
| you can certainly trace your dick remotely.

If it has a vibrate function that may well
be worth the investment.

You can always date a woman with Parkinson's

--
PeterN
Old September 1st 15, 03:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

| If it has a vibrate function that may well
| be worth the investment.
|
| You can always date a woman with Parkinson's

I beg your pardon. You think I'm desperate?!

Old September 1st 15, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

I have a friend who MUST have the latest widget. He has three apple
watches, IIRC one of them has the titanium band.

there is no titanium band.

Stainless steel band.
He said it cost almost 10k

The Watch with stainless band cost $999. That is $9K short of the
inflated $10K.

Savageduck