Lensbaby Sponsored Selective Blur Photography Competition Winnerand Finalists

Old July 20th 07, 02:04 PM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Wayne J. Cosshall

Default Lensbaby Sponsored Selective Blur Photography Competition Winnerand Finalists

Hi All,

The winner of the Lensbaby photography competition has been decided:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1048

Congratulations to C. David Tobie and all the finalists.

Also a reminder that the August DIMi competition is an amateur sport
photography competition:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/comps/thinktank/aug07.php

and the July Macro photography competition is still open:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/comps/thinktank/july07.php

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
Old July 20th 07, 07:58 PM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
DBLEXPOSURE[_2_]

"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote in message
u...
Hi All,

The winner of the Lensbaby photography competition has been decided:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1048

The guy gets six views and wins the contest. I didn't even like the photo.
I did kinda like this one tho, not for photographic reasons mind you,

http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.co..._conu.jpg.html

Not impressed with the entries...

PZ

Old July 20th 07, 09:33 PM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
marrer

DBLEXPOSURE wrote:
"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote in message
u...
Hi All,

The winner of the Lensbaby photography competition has been decided:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1048

The guy gets six views and wins the contest. I didn't even like the photo.
I did kinda like this one tho, not for photographic reasons mind you,

http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.co..._conu.jpg.html

Not impressed with the entries...

PZ

if i was there, photography would not have been the first thing on my
mind!!!!

i thought the winner was great,although a little too perfect for my taste!
Old July 20th 07, 10:22 PM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Wayne J. Cosshall

The judging happens offline and so the number of views has nothing to do
with it.

If you are not impressed with the standard of entries, perhaps you
should enter next time.

Old July 21st 07, 01:17 AM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Nervous Nick

On Jul 20, 4:22 pm, "Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote:
The judging happens offline and so the number of views has nothing to do
with it.

If you are not impressed with the standard of entries, perhaps you
should enter next time.

Hi Wayne!

The Lensbaby is a stupid name for a stupid, gimmicky product. I do,
however, salute the person or company that makes money off of it:
There is a sucker born every minute, as it has been said, and they
deserve to be had.

I am neither impressed with the standard of the entries (I think they
all suck), nor the pathetic hawking of this useless product.

I am having my period (a heavy flow day) so forgive me if I am unduly
polite.

--
YOP...

Old July 21st 07, 02:39 AM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Matt Clara

"marrer" wrote in message
DBLEXPOSURE wrote:
"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote in message
u...
Hi All,

The winner of the Lensbaby photography competition has been decided:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1048

The guy gets six views and wins the contest. I didn't even like the
photo. I did kinda like this one tho, not for photographic reasons mind
you,

http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.co..._conu.jpg.html

Not impressed with the entries...

PZ

if i was there, photography would not have been the first thing on my
mind!!!!

i thought the winner was great,although a little too perfect for my taste!

Ya know, those pics of Tuscany with the clump of trees in a field are
cliché, but, all the same, that's a kick ass picture. To me, the only thing
perfect about it are the clouds, the rest could use just a touch more
exposure. Or maybe not. I'd have to see to be sure... ;-)

--
www.mattclara.com

Old July 21st 07, 11:08 PM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Robert Coe

:
: If you are not impressed with the standard of entries, perhaps you
: should enter next time.

Or volunteer to serve as a judge. The second-guessers could find out first
hand how easy it isn't. ;^)

Bob
Old July 25th 07, 03:41 AM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
G.T.

"DBLEXPOSURE" wrote in message

"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote in message
u...
Hi All,

The winner of the Lensbaby photography competition has been decided:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1048

The guy gets six views and wins the contest. I didn't even like the
photo. I did kinda like this one tho, not for photographic reasons mind
you,

http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.co..._conu.jpg.html

Not impressed with the entries...

I liked that one along with his other shot, both of Richard Cooke's, Elmo
the Chihuahua, and mine, of course.

Greg
--
Ticket******* tax tracker: