Leica holy cow!

Old December 22nd 04, 11:46 PM
McLeod

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:29:43 +0200, Roxy Durban wrote:

Ooh...look!

Unabashed jealousy! ;-)

Oh, look, the only person willing to carry on a conversation with you
now is Scarpitti!
Old December 23rd 04, 06:29 AM
Roxy Durban

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:51:32 -0800, uraniumcommittee wrote:

Which 180?

APO-Telyt-R f/3.4
Old December 23rd 04, 01:47 PM
Roxy Durban

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:39:12 -0600, AnOvercomer 02 wrote:

What's wrong with Minolta? They have good camera bodies and seem to have
a pretty decent lens lineup. I like the 7D because it has AS. I don't
have a whole lot of money invested in Canon gear and no IS lenses, so I
wouldn't lose much by switching. It would be nice to have AS working for
all lenses.

Nothing wrong with Minolta. I've never used one, but I thought you were
invested in Canon, so I couldn't understand why you would want to do that.

From what I understand, Minolta aren't really offering a professional
system, plus Alan says that he battled to get the lenses he has, so I
would steer clear of them.

(Roxy*Durban) wrote:
BTW, I got my Leica stuff for next to nothing.
============================

Sounds like a dandy deal, but I suspect it to be a rare occurrence.

It was. There's no ways I would have spent $4k for two used lenses and a
20-year-old body, but after seeing the results, I am looking for ways of
expanding the lens collection with more used stuff.

BTW, is that VR lens you got working as well as an IS lens?
8)-(--(

Ha! That 70-200mm f/2.8 Nikkor VR lens is the best thing I have ever
owned. I go so far as to say that it exceeds all the Canon lenses I ever
used, with the exception (maybe) of the 400mm f/2.8L. It is definitely
better than the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS (waits for the sound of angry
Canon users).

Old December 23rd 04, 06:39 PM

In a fit of stupidity, Annika 1980 wrote:

"Leica = General Motors
M-Series = Cadillac
R-Series = Cavalier

Figured you'd go for the junk. LOL!"
For which he deserves the epithet: Moron!

Old December 23rd 04, 10:26 PM
AnOvercomer 02

(Roxy=A0Durban) wrote:
Ha! That 70-200mm f/2.8 Nikkor VR lens is the best thing I have ever
owned. I go so far as to say that it exceeds all the Canon lenses I ever
used, with the exception (maybe) of the 400mm f/2.8L. It is definitely
better than the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS (waits for the sound of angry
Canon users).
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D

Have you ever used the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS or any IS lens or are you just
saying that because it's a Canon lens (suppressing anger)?

Cody,

http://community-2.webtv.net/AnOverc...otographyLinks

Old December 24th 04, 12:20 AM
Bandicoot

wrote in message
oups.com...
In a fit of stupidity, Annika 1980 wrote:

"Leica = General Motors
M-Series = Cadillac
R-Series = Cavalier

Figured you'd go for the junk. LOL!"
For which he deserves the epithet: Moron!

Is it just me, or do we all feel that calling someone a moron in a sentence
that contains a spelling mistake is a little self defeating?

Peter

Old December 24th 04, 12:20 AM
Bandicoot

wrote in message
oups.com...
In a fit of stupidity, Annika 1980 wrote:

"Leica = General Motors
M-Series = Cadillac
R-Series = Cavalier

Figured you'd go for the junk. LOL!"
For which he deserves the epithet: Moron!

Is it just me, or do we all feel that calling someone a moron in a sentence
that contains a spelling mistake is a little self defeating?

Peter

Leica Digital-Module-R DALLAS 35mm Photo Equipment 17 November 25th 04 12:27 AM
Leica questions ColynG© 35mm Photo Equipment 3 November 23rd 04 12:57 PM
Leica R-series DALLAS 35mm Photo Equipment 24 November 12th 04 05:42 PM
Leica R4 Dallas 35mm Photo Equipment 66 October 22nd 04 02:02 AM
Leica 10MP Digital Back for R8, R9 TP 35mm Photo Equipment 4 June 24th 04 07:30 AM