The Nikon D200 DSLR is still my choice for the best Pro-Am Digital SLR camera.

Old December 7th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default The Nikon D200 DSLR is still my choice for the best Pro-Am Digital SLR camera.

I have used this camera for close to a year now and still consider it
to be one of the best cameras I have ever lifted to my eye. The Nikon
D200 Digital SLR is well balanced in the hand and the controls are easy
to get used to. The weight is not an issue (like it is with the D2x and
D2h), unless you attach the optional battery pack, but the camera has
that solid feel that tells you this camera is built for professional
use (or as we sometimes like to say, professional abuse).

At roughly one thousand five hundred US dollars, the Nikon D200 DSLR
(body only) actually seems under priced when compared to it's more
expensive and less expensive siblings. The Nikon D200 DSLR sits
in-between the roughly one thousand US dollar Nikon D80 DSLR and the
roughly three thousand US dollar Nikon D2x DSLR.

For more of this article ....... http://dpmac.com/nikon-d200/index.html

Old December 7th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Al Monte

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have used this camera for close to a year now and still consider it
to be one of the best cameras I have ever lifted to my eye. The Nikon
D200 Digital SLR is well balanced in the hand and the controls are easy
to get used to. The weight is not an issue (like it is with the D2x and
D2h), unless you attach the optional battery pack, but the camera has
that solid feel that tells you this camera is built for professional
use (or as we sometimes like to say, professional abuse).

At roughly one thousand five hundred US dollars, the Nikon D200 DSLR
(body only) actually seems under priced when compared to it's more
expensive and less expensive siblings. The Nikon D200 DSLR sits
in-between the roughly one thousand US dollar Nikon D80 DSLR and the
roughly three thousand US dollar Nikon D2x DSLR.

For more of this article ....... http://dpmac.com/nikon-d200/index.html

You wrote: "...when compared to it's more..."

The possessive of it is "its"' "it's" is a contraction of "it is". If you
fancy yourself a writer, you might want to learn this.

Old December 7th 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

Al Monte wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I fancied a writer myself once, but she didn't fancy me.
That learned me something.
Old December 7th 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Do I have to stay after school or can I just write out the lesson a
couple of hundred times at home?

Al Monte wrote:
ups.com...

Old December 7th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

wrote:
Do I have to stay after school or can I just write out the lesson a
couple of hundred times at home?

Nah. Just sound out "it is" whenever you write "it's". That'll tell you
if you have got it right.

--
john mcwilliams
Old December 7th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

John McWilliams wrote:
wrote:
Do I have to stay after school or can I just write out the lesson a
couple of hundred times at home?

Nah. Just sound out "it is" whenever you write "it's". That'll tell you
if you have got it right.

How come 'tis doesn't have two apostrophes?
Who cares?
Old December 8th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jeff R.

"frederick" wrote in message

How come 'tis doesn't have two apostrophes?
Who cares?

I do.
'cause it helps to understand the language.
'tis contains only one apostrophe because only one letter is omitted:
(i)tis.
We don't need one to indicate the conjoining of "it" and "is" (i.e., we
don't use an apostrophe to indicate the dropping of the space.)

There.
Feel better now.

--
Jeff R.
(now, don't press "Send")

Old December 8th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Jeff R. wrote:
"frederick" wrote in message

How come 'tis doesn't have two apostrophes?
Who cares?

I do.
'cause it helps to understand the language.
'tis contains only one apostrophe because only one letter is omitted:
(i)tis.
We don't need one to indicate the conjoining of "it" and "is" (i.e., we
don't use an apostrophe to indicate the dropping of the space.)

There.
Feel better now.

--
Jeff R.
(now, don't press "Send")

Do you write 'bus when you mean "omnibus"?

David

Old December 8th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jeff R.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Do you write 'bus when you mean "omnibus"?

David

No.
Nor do I write program''.
....and I came to terms with "disk" years ago, but never "color".

--
Jeff R.
(selective pedant)

Old December 8th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Kilpatrick

Jeff R. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Do you write 'bus when you mean "omnibus"?

David

No.
Nor do I write program''.
...and I came to terms with "disk" years ago, but never "color".

It should of course be disk' as it's short for diskette :-)

We were told, on the cusp of 70s (not 70's!) and 80s technology, that is
was floppy disc, hard disc, and diskette - the last being a disc encased
in a small hard cartridge (3.5 inch jobby). In literature we had to use
disc when referring to old stuff and disk only when referring to one
type of diskette.

It would be sensible to replace this confusion with one spelling.

How about disq?

DK