Airport Security

Old August 19th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Mike - EMAIL IGNORED

Default Airport Security

Is there any information on the effect of the new
airport security rules on traveling amateur
photographers? We will be traveling USA to
Eastern Europe and back with film cameras and
tripods, which in the past we carried on.

o In the USA, can film still be hand inspected?
o Is there any restriction on carry-on equipment?
o Is there any restriction on batteries?
o Are there any relevant published documents?
o Anything else?

Thanks for your help.
Mike.

Old August 20th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Mike - EMAIL IGNORED" wrote in message
news
Is there any information on the effect of the new
airport security rules on traveling amateur
photographers? We will be traveling USA to
Eastern Europe and back with film cameras and
tripods, which in the past we carried on.

o In the USA, can film still be hand inspected?
o Is there any restriction on carry-on equipment?
o Is there any restriction on batteries?
o Are there any relevant published documents?
o Anything else?

Thanks for your help.
Mike.

See this link for the latest list of what you can carry and what you can't
on both carry-on, and checked luggage....
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm

Old August 24th 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dave E

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"Mike - EMAIL IGNORED" wrote in message
news
Is there any information on the effect of the new
airport security rules on traveling amateur
photographers? We will be traveling USA to
Eastern Europe and back with film cameras and
tripods, which in the past we carried on.

o In the USA, can film still be hand inspected?
o Is there any restriction on carry-on equipment?
o Is there any restriction on batteries?
o Are there any relevant published documents?
o Anything else?

Thanks for your help.
Mike.

See this link for the latest list of what you can carry and what you can't
on both carry-on, and checked luggage....

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm

Damn, I've already paid for my flight...

Tools (greater than seven inches in length) - Carry-On: No, Check-in: Yes

Cheers,
Dave E (the seven yr old from Sydney...)

Old August 24th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

William Graham wrote:

See this link for the latest list of what you can carry and what you can't
on both carry-on, and checked luggage....
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm

I noticed the prohibition against carrying golf clubs on the plane.
This makes sense at first. However, a friend of mine who is in his
80's broke his walking cane so I made him a custom made walking stick
out of an old Walter Hagen pitching wedge. It was the perfect length
for him and the clubhead fit his hand perfectly. It even had the
regular rubber grip on it. He loves his new walking stick and takes it
everywhere he goes. Up until he tried to board a plane with it, that
is. They wouldn't let him bring it on the plane. I guess they were
worried that he might get a little chipping practice in during the
flight.