Minolta 7D in Canada?

Old December 10th 04, 09:01 PM
stator

Default Minolta 7D in Canada?

Hi all, has anyone seen or heard of the Minolta Maxxum 7D arriving in
Canada yet?
I looked on a few Canadian Camera sites but they all say pre-order.

I also noticed on Carmans Photo Source (www.carmans.com) that the
pre-order price has gone up by $100 from a month ago.

I hate it when that happens...

Joe
Old December 10th 04, 09:57 PM
Alan Browne

stator wrote:

Hi all, has anyone seen or heard of the Minolta Maxxum 7D arriving in
Canada yet?
I looked on a few Canadian Camera sites but they all say pre-order.

Laplante in Laval have sold 6 (just got off the phone with them ) but they are
out of stock.
Lozeau (Montreal) just (literally as I called) sold their demo unit. Their
first batch (a large unspecified number) is all sold...
Simons ($2099) "temp out of stock" (Montreal).
All stores are stating CAD$2099 for the body.

They're going like hot cakes, IOW.

B&H are marked "in stock" right now (NYC).
Adorama are marked "not in stock" and "rebate available" (NYC).

I also noticed on Carmans Photo Source (www.carmans.com) that the
pre-order price has gone up by $100 from a month ago.

I hate it when that happens...

So don't order there ever again.

If you're in the Montreal area I know of a very tempting offer...(sub $2,000)
but I'm not sure they have it in stock or if they will ship it. (I'll send him
your e-mail if you like).

Cheers,
Alan