Extended Warranty Annual Free CCD Cleaning

Old December 4th 04, 05:07 PM
Dave Head

Default Extended Warranty Annual Free CCD Cleaning

Anybody else attempt to take adavantage of an annual free camera cleaning with
an extended warranty?

My camera has been gone for what I believe to be way too long at one of these
facilities and am wondering if the delay is atypical.

Dave Head
Old December 4th 04, 06:21 PM
David H. Lipman

Define "...has been gone for what I believe to be way too long at one of these facilities.."

How long is that ?

Dave

Old December 5th 04, 02:43 AM
Dave Head

4 weeks so far. They said it will be five weeks, so they should ship it back
this coming Friday, and I should maybe get it the following Monday or Tuesday.

Dave Head

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 18:21:36 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
wrote:

Define "...has been gone for what I believe to be way too long at one of these facilities.."

How long is that ?

Dave

.. .

Old December 5th 04, 06:11 PM

Dave Head wrote:
4 weeks so far. They said it will be five weeks, so they should ship it back
this coming Friday, and I should maybe get it the following Monday or Tuesday.

The must throw it in a cupboard for four weeks. My guess is that they
want to dissuade you from using the cleaning service.

Where are you based? Is there really no-one local who will do the job
for you?

Andrew.
Old December 7th 04, 10:15 AM

Dave Head wrote:

I'm 50 miles south of DC. I searched for nearby camera repair in
Virginia and came up with a shop in DC who quoted 2 weeks. What's
with that? I send my ham radio transceiver into Kenwood for
_repair_, not just cleaning, and they turn it around in a day. This
is nuts. Seems to be just camera people with this "we'll get to it
when we get to it" attitude... G

Have heard of a shop near Chicago that does it in 3 days... that's
getting closer.

There's a shop I use in London who take 10 minutes to clean the CCD,
which is more like how things should be. They only took two days to
do a complete rebuild when I had, er, an accident with a camera. I
really have no idea what the problem is in your part of the world.

I hear flights to London can be had pretty cheaply. ;-)

Andrew.
Old December 7th 04, 11:34 PM
David H. Lipman

That's a positive spin indeed !