Batteries dran overnight - Fujifilm Finepix A330

Old July 23rd 04, 02:27 PM
BG250

Default Batteries dran overnight - Fujifilm Finepix A330

I just bought this camera along with Ni-mh batteries. I charged the
batteries in the smart charger and put them in the camera. I tried it out
and turned it off. Next day I turned it on. The lens extended and it went
dead. I reinserted the batteries. It comes on and goes off. I inserted
another set of batteries and it works fine. I turned off the camera and let
it set overnight. I turned it on the next day and it turned off in a couple
seconds again!

When I turn it off, I slide the cover fully over the lens until it clicks.
It is also not connected to any cable. Sounds like a defective unit to me.
Anyone else with this camera have this issue?
Thanks, BG
(Please reply to the group, my address is fake for spam blocking)

Old July 23rd 04, 05:39 PM
Ian Stirling

BG250 wrote:
I just bought this camera along with Ni-mh batteries. I charged the
batteries in the smart charger and put them in the camera. I tried it out
and turned it off. Next day I turned it on. The lens extended and it went
dead. I reinserted the batteries. It comes on and goes off. I inserted
another set of batteries and it works fine. I turned off the camera and let
it set overnight. I turned it on the next day and it turned off in a couple
seconds again!

When I turn it off, I slide the cover fully over the lens until it clicks.
It is also not connected to any cable. Sounds like a defective unit to me.

You'r sure your batteries are OK?
Old July 23rd 04, 08:26 PM
BG250

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
BG250 wrote:
I just bought this camera along with Ni-mh batteries. I charged the
batteries in the smart charger and put them in the camera. I tried it

out
and turned it off. Next day I turned it on. The lens extended and it

went
dead. I reinserted the batteries. It comes on and goes off. I inserted
another set of batteries and it works fine. I turned off the camera and

let
it set overnight. I turned it on the next day and it turned off in a

couple
seconds again!

When I turn it off, I slide the cover fully over the lens until it

clicks.
It is also not connected to any cable. Sounds like a defective unit to

me.

You'r sure your batteries are OK?

I put them in a flashlight (discharged from the camera) and they went flat
in seconds. I recharged the set that went flat first, put them in the
flashlight, went to lunch. The light was still shining bright when I
returned.

From this I conclude the batteries are good.

I did an RMA to return the camera hopefully the replacement works better.
bg

Old July 23rd 04, 11:42 PM
Don

If you charge them, and then let them sit overnight out of the camera and
the flashlight, do they then work the next day? That will tell you for sure
whether it's the batteries, although if you tried two sets, I doubt if
they're the problem. It's more likely that the camera isn't actually
turning off all of the way, I believe.

Don

BG250 wrote:
[...]

From this I conclude the batteries are good.